28. Your Constant

Tw: Swearing

~🌒🌑🌘~
Technically difficulties.
The gif will be back soon
~🌔🌕🌖~

         Luna was exhausted, in pain, and angry. Her hand was still pressed into Sasuke's shoulder, Sakura knelt in front of her as a conversation that didn't reach her ears was held. Her mind was swimming. Thoughts racing so fast, she couldn't keep up. And yet the feeling of dread still lingered in her chest. She felt numb. She could feel the concerned and confused glances. She could see the worried frown on Sakura's lips as she glanced between the Brisa and Uchiha. She just couldn't find it in her to care.

Something she hoped she snapped out of soon.

"Bout time you woke up."

The brown-skinned girl's eyes trailed over to where Shikamaru and Choji stood over Naruto, Choji holding a stick while the blonde clutched his head. Luna's shoulders immediately relaxed at the sight of her best friend, awake and moving. She didn't realize how much she had missed him. And yet she didn't move from her place in the grass. Naruto slowly pulled his hands away from his head, eyes frantically traveling around him before he fell to the ground with a shriek.

"Everyone! Hide!"

"Naruto?" Sakura mumbled as she and Sasuke turned to the boy with furrowed eyes. Choji poked the blonde's hair with a stick while Shikamaru scoffed from behind him with narrowed eyes.

"You are one of a kind. An annoying one but definitely one of a kind." The Nakamura insulted as Naruto rolled his eyes. Only then did his blue eyes land on his teammates.

"Sakura!?" He called out, practically tripping over himself as he scrambled across the field to her. Luna ignored the ugly twist in her stomach, watching as the blonde hovered the Haruno.

"You- You're hair?!" He stuttered, studying her short locks of pink hair. It looked almost as if it was buzzed, the cut uneven and sloppy. Luna knew Naruto wasn't dumb, despite what others might believe. It'll click soon.

"Oh? This?" Sakura paused, running a hand through her newly cut hair. She hesitated before offering an uneasy smile. "I just wanted to change it up a bit."

At the blonde's frown, the pink-haired girl averted her eyes to the Brisa's. Luna froze at that, knowing damn well she wasn't in the right mindset to cover for her. But instead, Sakura sent her a soft smile.

"I got the idea from Luna. She told me once that short hair is easier for fighting and I thought I'd give it a try." She explained, her hand coming up to play with her now short strands. Naruto hummed in acknowledgment before glaring over his shoulder at Shikamaru's team.

"So. What're you guys doing here?"

Choji and Shikamaru sighed in sync as the dark-haired boy spoke. "Damn. Explaining this to you is going to be a drag."

"They came to help." Sakura cut in, her gaze glued to the ground.

Pride swelled in Luna's chest as she watched how well her teammate was handling everything. She was no doubt hiding her fear but the brave face she was wearing was impressive. After everything the pink-haired girl had gone through just a few minutes prior, Luna thought she earned the

Luna was brought out of her thoughts by a loud clash. Her eyes darted over to her teammates, Naruto flat on his back while Sakura stood above him with her fist waving through the air. All she could do was stare as she wondered where the hell they got all the energy from.