A beginning of sorts

Maya sat at her desk. If 56+56=112, then wouldn't 100 be closer to 112 because 50+50=100? Argh! Math! She finished the paper and turned it in to her teacher.

"Thank you, Maya" Said Ms. Karan. She went back to her desk and read until class was over. She loved Matilda by Roald Dahl. She got home, and in came Callista Yonamemeans, her 8-year-old sister. "Hi, Maya!" She said. She took out her homework. "Let's see... yay! Division!" Maya started to do a backbend.

"We got home 5 minutes ago and you're doing homework?!" She exclaimed. " Yes! Math!" Callista said. Callista loved math. Maya preferred creativity things! She had long, wavy blonde hair with blue eyes. She was pretty tall, and pink and rainbow were her colors. She had on a rainbow skirt with a pink shirt with a rainbow on it. She loved it! "Helloooo!" Exclaimed Aubrey, their little sister. "Callista is doing math and I'm practicing gymnastics!" Maya replied. "Oooh Gymnastics! Me too!" Said Aubrey. Maya started to lift her up into a handstand, laughing.

"Hello, girls!" Their mom, Katherine, said, coming up the stairs. "Hi!" They all answered. Her blonde hair was in a ponytail, and her eyes were green. "What story should we pick today?" She always read them a fairy tale. "Sleeping Beauty?" Callista asked. "Yes!" They pulled out the book and started reading. "Did you know Aurora means Dawn?" Their mom asked. They had always been interested in the meaning of names. "Cool! My name means magic!" Maya exclaimed. "Mine means most beautiful!" Said Callista. "I'm the King of the little people!" Aubrey exclaimed. Their mom smiled. "Yes." They read the story, then went to bed.