Chapter five

Slowly, Callista looked around herself. She had always been pretty, but this was amazing. Her blond hair grew longer, all the way into the sand, styling itself into luxurious waves. Then, her eyes became a brighter blue and her picked nails grew back. And, as if to finish it all off, she grew an inch taller. "Wow!" Callista gasped. Then, her gold and magenta striped T-shirt and orange shorts slowly, magically came together, and turned into a silky gown, growing longer. It turned a brilliant gold, with rose gold high-heeled shoes and sparkly beret to match. Her sleeves became ruffly and pink shimmers sparkled onto it. The three sisters stared at each other for a second. "Well..." They started. "Callista means most beautiful!" "Oh my goodness!" Callista exclaimed. Soon, Karthi ran over. "Callista!" He exclaimed. He thought for a moment. "Of course! Your name means most beautiful!" She smiled. "Karthi, when will my magic come?" Maya asked. "Follow me," He said. Callista and Aubrey stayed at the village. She followed, and he led her to a small hut. It was green, with a leaf roof. "Come in!" She went in, and it had a green, soft couch with a matching rocking chair, and a bookshelf. "Sit down," He said. She got on the couch, and Karthi sat on the chair. "The longer the power takes to come, the more magical it may be" He said. "For Kendra, it took a bit longer, like this." he smiled. "You have magic!" Makes sense, Maya thought. Her name did mean magic. "I'm going to go into the Yonamemeans Library," She said. "Ok!"Said Karthi. "I am a Yonamemeans!" She immediately found herself surrounded in the dusty shelves. She looked around carefully, taking care in every step. She stopped when she reached a bookshelf. Something feels different here, she thought. "Something's off." There was a thump. A book skidded across the floor. It had a green cover with the words Name meanings. "Who's there?!" Maya picked it up and put it in an empty spot. "Hello?" There was a swish of wind, and she heard a sound of wood. She gasped at the sight of someone holding a book and slipping out what seemed like a window, but there were no windows. He looked back, and saw Maya, then ran.