Episode 13 - Joshaya Meets Surprises And Celebrations

Maya exhaled as she was busy getting her day started at work unsure how it will end as she looked how Stacy was busy coloring in a picture as she smiled. Her sister looked a lot like she just a lot more naive. She shook her head getting out the apple she had in her bag cutting it in half as she gave one half to her.

"Thank you," Stacy said as Maya smiled.

"No problem, Sweetheart. I know it's all confusing. With your dad being my dad as well. But it will all be cleared up soon," Maya said.

"Daddy is away and it's Richard's birthday as well today," Stacy said as Maya looked at the girl.

"Well let me call your mom and find out if you three can maybe have dinner with me and my fiance then we'll celebrate it," Maya said as she gave Carol a call.

"Carol, hi. I heard Kermit is out of town and Richard is 9 so is it okay if I go and pick up the boys and maybe take them out for dinner?" Maya asked.

"Yeah sure dear. Thank you very much," Carol said.

"No problem. Bye."

"And?" Stacy asked as she smiled.

"Come sweetheart. We can go and find your brothers school then we can go home for awhile," Maya said as they were gone.

Picking up her siblings Maya brought them back to her and Josh's apartment as the boys started to play on their game consoles while Maya had phoned Josh finding out if it was okay for the kids and them to just eat out.

"Maya," Stacy said as Maya looked at her.

"Yeah, Stace?" Maya asked.

"Was it hard when Daddy left?" she asked as Maya looked at her.

She sat down next to the young girl as she didn't know what to say. She always thought her own children would ask her that question one day. Never did she think her half-sister would ask that question.

"Of course was it hard. I was just a little kid back then. I was even younger than Richard is. I had some amazing help though. And I'm grateful for that," Maya said as she saw how Josh came into the apartment.

"Hello, Stacy. Enjoying your time with Maya?" Josh asked as she nodded while Josh gave Maya a kiss.

"Where are the boys?" Josh asked.

"Games room. It's still early so maybe you can try to bond with them while me and Stacy hang," Maya said.

"Good idea," Josh said as he headed into the games room seeing how Colton and Richard were both playing on a console in their hands.

"Hey, boys," Josh said as Colton and Richard looked at the older guy.

"You guys can calm down. I'm not someone for yelling. Happy birthday, Richard. Maya told me about that. How old are you now?" Josh asked.

"Nine," Richard said.

"Listen why don't we forget about those consoles and put his own Xbox on? Bet you boys know how it works," Josh said as they shook their heads.

"What? You don't know? Well then I'll teach you guys. Come on," Josh said as he switched it on sitting down next to the boys.

Giving each of them a controller they started to play a hunting game as Josh smiled at both of them. Even though he didn't know Kermit, he could see that these children weren't going through the same as Maya did when she was younger which made his heart happy and sad. Happy because the children were good taken care of. And sad because Maya never experienced that with him.

"Stacy do you know what time your mom wants you home?" Maya asked.

"9pm," Stacy said.

"Okay let's go hurry up the rest of those people," Maya said as they went into the games room as she shook her head smiling.

"Joshua, ten minutes then we need to get going. The kids have a 9pm clock-in," Maya said.

"We're about done. Come kids let's go," Josh said as they headed out.

Arriving at the restaurant the kids each ordered a cheese burger with fries while Maya and Josh ordered a chicken salad. Eating that they ordered cake and soda to drink as Maya had organized with the waiters to sing to Richard. Smiling she looked at the review mirror as she know the kids had an amazing time but also that they didn't just sit at home doing nothing.

"Hey, Kids. How was your day with Maya?" Carol asked when the kids got home.

"Amazing, we played Xbox and had burgers and cake. They even sang to Richard," Stacy said as Maya smiled.

"Maya thank you so much for doing this with them," Carol said.

"It's wasn't a problem. We have to head home. I'll see you tomorrow, Stace. And I'll see you two soon again," Maya said as she and Josh got back into the car driving.

Josh looked at Maya knowing what she was thinking as she put the radio on, the latest Dua Lipa song playing.

"You want to invite them to the wedding. If you want we can. Let's just find out if it's okay with Kermit," Josh said.

"I'll ask Carol when she drops Stacy off tomorrow," Maya said.

"I'm so incredibly grateful my fiance is the sweetest girl that has ever walked on this planet," Josh said.