The Three Missing Kids

"Once upon a time there were three kids who were wizards and witches, like you and me. They went to school at Hogwarts, just like we did. They ate in the Great Hall, went to their classes, and lived just like us. However, there was something about them that set them apart from their peers. A secret, so great and big that it threatened to destroy the whole world.

"Unfortunately I have no idea what this secret is. As the name suggests it was a secret, known only to the three kids.

"There have been many theories of what the secret was. Some say that the kids were in a secret society that lived outside the rules of the Ministry. Others say that the kids came into possession of a dark and powerful object, so dangerous that if they ever let it out of their sight, all hell would break loose.

"Whatever the secret was is a mystery and seems like it shall remain that way. But the one thing we know for certain is that the secret was important enough to catch the attention of the Gleeful twins."

One girl scrunched up her nose in distaste. "The Gleeful twins? The brother and sister duo that goes around parading their magic to the muggles? The ones who have been shunned by the wizard community and should be thrown in Azkaban?"

The boy who was telling the story, Chase Prescott, smiled and nodded. "The very same."

The girl scoffed in disgust. "If they caught the attention of those two, they had to be bad news." She whispered to her friend.

Chase heard what she said and shook his head. "I wouldn't be too sure about that. After all, I do believe that you were one of the young eleven-year-olds who tried practically everything to get the attention of Dipper Gleeful, weren't you, Sarah?"

Sarah flushed in embarrassment and the other members of the audience chuckled. They remembered when the twins first came to Hogwarts. Everyone wanted to be their friend or something more. Boys and girls were competing for the attention of one of the twins, Dipper or Mabel. Everyone was in love with them.

But a lot has changed in the last five years.

Chase waited for everyone to quiet down before continuing the story. "Anyway, the secret caught the attention of the twins who tried everything to get whatever the trio had. They bullied and flirted and tried to manipulate them to no avail. The trio would not give up their secret. Nothing was going to get them to talk and therefore things were calm."

Chase leaned in close and his audience followed his lead. "Until one night a blue light shone throughout the halls of Hogwarts.

"No one knows exactly where the blue light came from or what it has to do with the trio. All we know is that once that blue light came, the trio hasn't been seen since."

Sarah's friend raised her eyebrow. "How do you know that the blue light had something to do with the three missing kids?"

Chase smirked. "Because when the light appeared, the trio was nowhere to be found. It's an awfully big coincidence that they weren't around when the light came. It's also suspicious that after the light disappeared so did the kids. They have to be connected."

He looked around the group, daring any of them to disagree with him. They didn't.

So he went back to his tale. "After the trio disappeared, the twins started acting strangely. They became quiet and reserved and would snap at whoever talked to them. The summer holidays came and went and the twins did not come back to Hogwarts. It was soon revealed that they wouldn't be coming back to Hogwarts ever again. They would instead travel around the world as the twins of telepathy, doing magic for muggles."

A friend of Chase spoke up. "Do you think that the twins traveling around like a circus had anything to do with the kids' secret? Like, are they going around trying to find the secret?"