Multiple Truths Come Out

Pacifica stared up at the night sky, distracting herself by wondering. Was anyone else staring up at the stars? Was anyone else awake at this time? Were her parents looking up at the sky, worried sick about her?

Her heart ached at the thought of her parents. She hadn't seen them in so long. She hadn't even gotten to say goodbye to them and she might never get the chance. Mabel was going on a psychotic rampage, intent on killing her and her friends and finding Merlin. If Mabel did find them she wouldn't waste time on words. She would immediately kill them before any of them got one word out.

Then she would never see her family again, never get to say goodbye, never get to hold them and tell them how much she loved them. She'd never get to appreciate them and they might never know of what happened to her. Was Mabel going to be kind enough to bring her body back to her parents? Give them the peace and the goodbye they so rightfully deserved?

Pacifica snorted. She doubted Mabel would even be kind enough to leave a body for them to find. Most likely Mabel would annihilate her and it would be like Pacifica and her friends never existed.

Maybe Dipper would get lucky. He was her brother after all and Mabel wasn't heartless. She surely wouldn't kill a member of her own family. She wasn't that crazy, was she?

Pacifica didn't know. However, she did know that Dipper was all the family Mabel had for the past couple of years and he had betrayed her. She had no one. She was all alone. And Pacifica knew better than anyone that it was the loneliness that would drive her crazy. And Mabel was already crazy so that meant she'd just get crazier.

Pacifica was so far down the rabbit hole that was her thoughts that she didn't even notice Dipper standing right next to her until he spoke.

"Lovely night isn't it?" He asked, gazing at the sky.

Before Pacifica could process it was him, she was already moving, throwing a punch to his gut. The force of the punch made him double over and groan in pain. She was much stronger than he previously thought. Meanwhile, Pacifica looked and realized that it was just Dipper.

Immediately she pulled out of her punch and pressed her hands to her mouth.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" She leaned down to look at his face, to check on him. "I didn't know it was you! I just reacted. Oh! I'm so sorry!"

Dipper tried his best to stand up even though he was still in a lot of pain. He also gave her a forced, pained smile. "Don't worry about it. I've been through worse. I just wasn't expecting it."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Pacifica sled defensively.

Dipper shrugged his shoulders. "No offense, but you don't seem like a puncher to me. Or anyone who would have such a violent reaction to getting startled."

"Well, things change Dipper." She told him, turning back to the sky. "I'm not the same girl you knew years ago."

His expression softened and he let out a deep sigh. He also turned back to look at the sky. "I know." He whispered. "I've changed too."

Pacifica threw him a skeptical look. "Have you?"

"I have," Dipper reassured her. "I'm not that creepy boy who was in love with you and bullied your friends. I've grown up." He took a deep breath. "Which is why I have to apologize to you."

"What?" Pacifica whispered in disbelief.

"I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. I'm sorry I was so persistent and made you so uncomfortable. I'm sorry that I harassed you so much and I'm sorry I treated Gideon and Kathy like crap. I wish I was a better person. Then maybe you could have fallen in love with me."