The End

The gang was nervous about what was to happen. They all had a suspicion on who wanted to see them. More likely than not it was the people who had been looking for them. The people who had given them life. The people who worried about them for years.

Their parents.

While they were excited to see them again, they knew that their parents would undoubtedly be mad. They had lost their children. They hadn't written in years. They had no clue if their children were alive. It didn't matter if it was to protect them, they would still probably be grounded until they were senior citizens.

So, they were understandably nervous. Everyone except Dipper.

Dipper knew his parents weren't coming. If he knew his parents at all, they already knew Mabel was arrested, and they were halfway across the country. They had left a paper trail a mile long that proved they were the real masterminds behind the whole thing. They even left behind their children who they had no doubt would betray them. They knew that their children would tell their secrets.

At least they knew Dipper would talk. Mabel would have stayed quiet, that they knew. However, they knew that Dipper held no love for them. They tried their best to be in his good graces, but they knew there was no chance of that happening. They had hurt Dipper too many times and destroyed his trust a long time ago. Even though they still tried to gain his loyalty they knew that it was a lost cause.

He was a little relieved that they would be caught. They had hurt so many people and for years Dipper wanted to make amends. Now he could. He had already started by helping the gang find Merlin and help save people's lives. He couldn't imagine what else he could do.

When they entered the room where their parents were waiting, Dipper felt a little tinge of jealousy. His friends and his girlfriend had people who cared about them and pretty decent families. He didn't.

When they heard the door the parents looked up. Immediately they froze and just stared at their children. They had grown so much and looked so different but they knew exactly who was who. The pure shock of actually having their children just within their reach when they spent years not even knowing if they were alive kept them rooted to their spot.

Finally, Kathy's mother slowly walked up to her. When she had last seen Kathy she was just a little girl. Now she was a young woman with a strong heart and determined eyes. She wondered where she had seen that same expression until she realized it was the one she wore every day. Her daughter had been taking after.

Of course, she still saw all the softness of Kathy's father in her eyes. Kathy had the same smile as her father, except now it was accompanied by tears in her eyes.

She couldn't wait any longer. She embraced her daughter at the same time her daughter embraced her.

Then they began to cry. It was so overwhelming, holding each other after all these years. They had missed each other so much and now they were together. It was like a part of themselves had been lost and now it had come back to them.

It was the happiest day of their lives.

After Kathy and her mother hugged everyone else got together and had their reunions. Pacifica ran to her parents and Kathy's dad ran over to his wife and child to join the hug. Meanwhile, Gideon slowly walked over to his father, scared out of his mind.

Bud Pines was not a violent man, but the look on his face when he had seen Gideon was terrifying. He looked ready to commit murder. Gideon would have stayed out if he hadn't missed his father. Besides, he knew that he would have to get through it eventually.

When he finally reached his father he spoke timidly. "Hey, dad." He said awkwardly. "How have you been?"

His father didn't answer. He just continued to look at him with the same angry look on his face.