Claret

Chapter six:

Discover

Eric called , '' Hi Liz, are you ready now? I will come now, ok?'' he said with an exciting voice. '' Yes, I am ready now, okay.'' I spoke as I carried my umbrella in case it rained again. I then went out waiting for him, he didn't be late actually he came in a second. He came with his mother's car it was an old red Caprice with dirt in it after the rain. '' Do you mind if I dropped you in the park and take you on 10:00?  It's now 5 so you'll have lots of time, ok?'' she spoke as she invited me to get in the car I got in there. And then Eric said, '' Okay mom, park is fine with us. Right Lisa?'' then I nodded. I didn't talk about anything until we were already there. ''So, please have fun and stay with each other, and don't get lost, bye.'' His mother said. '' Ok, bye'' both of us said it at the same time. '' She's Susan.'' He said.

'' Who's Susan?''

'' My mother, her name is Susan.''

'' O-oh ok.''

Now I've got to tell him everything happened to me today. He's the only one I didn't lose  by now, and I don't want to! I've had enough! ''Eric,'' that's what I started with. '' What?'' he spoke as we entered the park. ''My mother travelled to dad in Italy and I'm going to them in summer, so I'll stay one night alone and then I will go and stay with Laura this year.'' I said with a frown. '' Well, that's cool! I mean it is so cool! Wow! I mean.........come on that's my real opinion!'' he said as we both laughed about it. '' I hear a familiar voice that sounds like I've heard it in every day of my bloody life! That voice kept talking to me and when I asked it to leave me alone, it just refused!''  I spoke staring at the green grass at the park, hearing children screaming and playing happily. '' Liz, I am sure you are just desperate because your brother just passed away and your mother and father aren't with you in a moment like that.'' He said as he looked down at the floor with disappointment in his face. He was so right, this voice isn't chasing me, it's only me hallucinating. I then remembered all those sadness and was about to cry. '' I know, that was so harsh.'' I said. I started thinking  of what Eric said with all details and I realized that, that voice was talking to me at home was Charlie! It's his voice and I used to hear it every day. '' Eric! I know who's voice was talking to me. It was totally Charlie! I hear this voice every single day of my life! So Charlie's not dead!'' I said as I looked straight in his eyes, he seemed nervous but believing what I said. And his 'believing' confused me a little bit. '' Huh?!'' that was all he said and then he burst out laughing and then he lied down on the grass, closed his eyes and said: '' I guess you discovered a part of my other half story!'' he said as he opened his eyes in the end of his sentence. '' What? So you are saying that Charlie is really alive and he's the one talking to me? This is crazy!'' I said unbelievingly, but in mind I was almost believing this theory. '' He's not actually alive, but you can't say dead.'' He explained as he sat on the grass. ''Huh?! You mean he is still alive? No! That is horrible!!'' I said as I fell on the ground for a couple of minutes and then I got up and took a deep breath. He got up too and said, '' Now we got no time to waste, Mom will pick us on 10:00. So we must have fun before it's over!"

'' Okay, what should we do?'' I said as I ran to the swing game in the park. '' We will swing!'' he said as he came to sway on the swing next to me. We spent the day swaying and then we ate ice cream and then Eric's mother came. It was 10:30 already. She came a bit late. '' So.... come on now sorry if I was a bit late.'' Susan spoke as she took us and then drove me home. We started talking on the way about everything and his mother started asking me about everything. It was a long day, I thought. But I didn't imagine how long it will be after that. I went home, I changed my cloth. I did popcorn and I wanted to watch a movie, I picked my favourite movie, ''SAW''  I picked all the parts: 1,2,3,and 4. I closed the lights and I started watching. I stopped watching after I watched the first two parts of the movie, I stopped because I was a little afraid, before I close the T.V. but when I closed it, I was way afraid. The place was so dark so I ran upstairs and turned on the bathroom's light and brushed my teeth, before I closed the light of the bathroom I looked at the watch and it was 3:00 a.m. already. And then I closed the lights and I found my body trembling. I asked myself why am I afraid, actually, I wasn't afraid of the movie, for the first time I was afraid of my brother, about what Eric said 'alive but not alive' my confusion scared me. I turned off the light, I hoped I would go with Mom to Italy and never sleep alone, I didn't want to sleep alone even if it was for one day. I raced to the bed and hided under the cover and started breathing hardly and my breath was so loud. I could hear the grip of my essence. The place was so quiet, I was able to hear anything. I then tried to imagine Charlie, his golden hair, his brown eyes, and his very skinny body. I was feeling so hot but I couldn't remove the cover, I didn't have the guts to do that. And then I thought that this night would end if I closed my eyes and just sleep and don't open my eyes till the morning. But I was wrong, the night was so long, more than I've ever imagined. I kept imaging this voice again and again, and now I made sure that it was Charlie's voice. And made me shiver more. This night would last forever. Then for the last time I closed my eyes and slept. I don't remember what I was dreaming but I woke up in the night again on my scream, I screamed because I fell from the bed, I felt like someone pushed me off it. I didn't sleep the whole night, but I heard screams of a girl, it wasn't mine. I heard screams and hits the screams stopped but the hits didn't stop. Then it stopped at last. That scared me, I thought I had a phobia of being alone. Now my fear became less, I slept then and never woke up until 12:00 A.M. in the morning. I woke up, brushed my teeth, brushed my hair and ate breakfast as fast as I can and started studying for the mid-year exams. Then Laura's  mother called, she said she will take me on 6:00 p.m. it was already 4:30 by now. I prepared my bags. And then she came and took me at about 5:40 not 6:00 J. Laura was with her. I held the bags as Laura and her mother came to help me with bags. We finished as we got in the car. I didn't speak a word until we were already there. '' Hi, sorry I didn't make it to school because I had to travel.'' Laura spoke as she helped me to take the bags. '' No, it's ok.'' I spoke as I entered the house. I wanted to examine it all so I could make sure that everything is ok, so I can stay all the year there. I walked around the house, actually I liked it so much it reminded me when I used to sleep over with Laura and her girlfriends. I wanted to ask her questions about what was happening to me.