Claret

Chapter nine:

Back with roses

"Eric was supposed to come right now." Laura mumbled boringly when we were studying for our exams. "I guess he's on his way, you should try calling him. I've studied enough, let's continue later." I spoke as I dragged all my books and notebooks in my bag and sat waiting for Eric. "Na, I trust your guess he's probably on his way to here, I agree we'll continue later" she spoke as she fell asleep. "Laura. Laura! Wake up." She didn't answer but she said 'mmm' instead of answering because she wanted to sleep, so I went to watch the T.V. There was this movie I was watching, Blood and Chocolate. It was about werewolves, a werewolf fell in love with a human. Just when the movie finished Eric knocked the door, I opened for him and closed the television, we spend half an hour waking her until we brought cold water and dropped it on her face she woke up shouting at us we both laughed and she said," This is a bad way to wake me up, you both are idiots." she said as she wore new cloth because it was all wet. When we were ready, Eric said he wants to start talking first. "Actually, this is the time to tell you........that Charlie isn't dead." He talked as my eyes grew wide happily and confused at the same time. " What you mean he's not dead?" I said that as my tears fell just thinking about it. "You know. He just fainted in the cave then he got up again." He talked in confusion so clear on his face." But where did he go, he have no place except home." I spoke. "We're not sure about where did he go actually, but that doesn't mean he didn't want to go back" Laura mumbled. "Well, that's all what I know, and that what it means," I continued, " He was just sick of us, I need to be alone." I spoke as I raced upstairs lied on my bed and started crying. When I stopped crying I started remembering these voices that I knew it was Charlie that was talking to me. I thought that he never left me, so that's true, he still love me he doesn't hate me! But why didn't he show up from the first place, he's too old for these silly games. I kept thinking until Eric and Laura came in my room trying to calm me down. "Lisa, of course you know that your brother loves you and your mother very much." Eric spoke reasonably. "Maybe he just had nothing to say after he knew you thought he was dead." Laura spoke as I sat down straight at my bed, I started looking at all the room and said, "I'm not a baby to tell me everything is going to be fine! I know that he loves us, guys, he's my own brother," I continued," so my worry is, he kept talking to me, or I heard voices, and these voices weren't so imaginary to me. So I'm totally sure that, that voices were Charlie, it sounds like him even!" They both starred at me for a second, and then starred at each other. "Okay, Now that we know Charlie is alive, let's see what are going to do in your Birthday!!" Laura said as Eric nodded and then I agreed. "Friends, don't take this so serious, but don't take it so easy neither, I won't make a fuss, it's just a cake to eat with you and some music and movies." I spoke. "What? What the hell are you talking about? You'll make a huge birthday, and invite all the school!" Laura said as Eric looked at her in a lame face. "Come on, you guys it's not a wedding!" I mumbled as Eric agreed with a smile. "It is!" Laura said as I told her that we'll decide later. They said they want to leave me alone to collect my thoughts. I thought about Charlie. After an hour of thinking the same thoughts again and again my cell phone rang and it was written (Home calling)! I was nervous and confused; I thought it was Charlie like Eric said that he wasn't dead, but somehow wasn't alive! So I hesitated for few seconds then I answered quietly. "H-hi." I said as I swallowed my breath.

"Hey, can I talk to Lisa?" A scary soft and quite voice spoke.

"I am Lisa."

"Good to know."

"Who are you?"

"I am Charlie." He said as I was so happy that finally I will meet my brother again. "I miss you!!" I spoke with happiness and fine, I wasn't scared as I was first, but I was a little worried of his voice. "I miss you too, I want you to come back home please." He spoke as I shivered, "Why don't you come here to me in Laura's home, at least I won't be alone." I sat on the bed straight waiting for his answer. "Well, so you are scared from your own brother?" he spoke as I shivered more. "It's been a long time and I haven't seen you though." I said with nervousness. "I am coming now....." he said I went and told Eric and Laura about everything. We heard the doorbell ringing. They told me to open and they will wait for us in the room. I was very nervous and shivering even more. I opened the door slowly, then I saw him standing with roses, I took them and dragged them aside. "Hey, I miss you so much." I said as he didn't speak a word. My reaction was: I went rapidly to his hug and started to cry. He hugged me back. I felt his hands very cold like death. I was also really surprised of his cloth; he wore a long black coat with the coat's cap on his head. I looked on his face he was a little scary but still I wanted to stay with him. Then I invited him to sit with me on the couch and went to see where were Eric and Laura but I never found them, I was so afraid that moment from my own brother. He smiled that smile that terrified me the most. "Where are your friends, huh?" he spoke scarier than in the phone. "They left.....do you want to eat something?" I asked and I didn't want him to answer back I was way scared of his quite voice. "I am really hungry, but better not to eat today." He spoke as I kept standing afraid to sit next to him. "Come sit next to me I miss you a lot." He said as I sat next to him and didn't speak any other words again. "You said you won't be alone, where are your friends?" He asked me. "I don't know where they went." I spoke with nervousness. "Why you didn't want to be alone with your brother?" he spoke and smiled. "Honestly, I am afraid of you, they found you dead in a cave how now you are alive?" I spoke and he kept smiling. "Oh, you should be afraid. If I was you..I would" He said and I shivered and stood up and sat on the chair next to the couch to stay away from him as possible. "That wasn't the answer I was waiting for." I spoke. Waiting for him to say something. "I don't like to do what people expect. Now please pack your bags and let's go back home." He spoke and I refused and told him I was scared even more when he said that I should be afraid. "It wasn't a request, it's an order." He said and looked straight at me scaring me even more. "I know, and I refuse this order or whatever you want to call it. What you're going to do? You won't harm me." I said then I felt that somehow now I was courageous. "What makes you so sure? I'll harm you if I want." He said and smiled. "I'm not going anywhere!" I shouted as I raced to the brown bedroom and hid under the cover and started shivering scared that he said that he could harm me. My brother, my own brother Charlie wants to harm me and I'm very afraid from him. He changed a lot, he's very scary and his personality is cold. I then felt something sat on the bed. I knew it, it was Charlie, and he has already packed my bags. "Now wear these clothes." He said as he gave me black pants and a long red jacket. He got out letting me wear them I wore them very fast and then sat on the bed and started crying. Then he came in and slapped my back, I didn't scream showing him that I'm not afraid, but from inside I was crying even more hardly. Then he touched me on my head, I got terrified and I got up going with him home.