11: Jiang Xiao is a face-con

"Friend of Girls" Jiang Xiao really had some skills, like making woven bracelets.

He brought back a hundred or so pamphlets from the wholesale market, but he didn't sell them. Anyone who bought a certain amount got one for free. There was also a booklet taped to the wall beside the shelf, and anyone who visited could look at it.

The girls all belonged to different cliques. It was a very clear arrangement and there was nothing secret about it. But the junior high girls in Houlin County hadn't thought of so many techniques, like matching different types of cords, or buying bells, crystals, small pearls, or other things, and weaving them in. It made the bracelets prettier, but more importantly, it was something made by them personally. It was only natural that a handmade bracelet had more meaning.

But it was one thing to know the method to weave a bracelet, it was something else to actually make one.

In addition to the color pictures in the booklet, Jiang Xiao's completed bracelets hanging on the cabinet were really nice to look at. The display attracted countless girls to take a look. If it weren't that they were scrutinized and touched every day, a lot of people would have tried to buy his finished samples.

There was a story behind this too. Jiang Xiao had learned bracelet-weaving during his last life. When he first went out to work, he was employed for a while at a textile factory on an assembly line. There was a girl next to him who braided bracelets during the noon break to make extra money for her family. Her hands were quick, and in an hour-long lunch break she could weave three or four bracelets. The total amount she earned each month could reach hundreds of yuan. At the time, it seemed like a lot of money.

Back then his interests were pretty random, and he didn't mind learning a bit of everything. Besides, he was poor. When he saw other people making money he was eager to learn. He studied for a month or two with other girls. Later he stopped working at the textile factory, so he left bracelet-making behind. But he still remembered some of the little tricks he learned at the time.

He lived in poverty for many years. When he first made money he was still thrifty, and he repaired his own clothes. The things he learned then, like braiding or replacing buttons, weren't necessary later in his life, but he didn't forget them.

Jiang Xiao had no one to rely on. He had to do everything himself. Back then he thought it was hard, but now it seemed like a rare asset.

Now that he was reborn, he still had all those skills. A while ago, a dress that Xia WanWan liked had a loose seam. It was brought back by her father from the big city. Jiang Xiao sewed it up for her and adjusted it according to Xia WanWan's current size. Now it looked more elegant. Compared to something like that, it wasn't difficult to weave a pretty bracelet step by step according to a pamphlet, then add a bit of flair. If you were careful and patient you could figure out most of the trivial chores in life.

Compared to Jiang Xiao's other big changes during this period, sewing a dress was nothing.

Xia WanWan was so concerned about him that she naturally found out he was doing business. However, Jiang Xiao's business was already up and running, and Ye Bing came over to persuade her.

"It's good for children to have ideas," Ye Bing said. "Xiao Xiao is well-behaved as well as talented. If we tie his hands we'll just hold him back. Besides, it hasn't affected his studies. Let him be."

Then Jiang Xiao coaxed her like a spoiled child. Xia WanWan had never been able to deal with him, so it didn't take her long to stop objecting.

Lately, bracelet-making had become a trend. Of course, Jiang Xiao's other small items also sold well. Even though the price of the watches wasn't low, they were really good-looking, and he was able to sell three or four. But the low unit price of the bracelets made them more interesting. During class, the girls in Class 15 didn't read novels, didn't chat, didn't nap. They tied bracelets with their heads down.