18: I will always treat him well, and he'll realize it someday

For a long time, Lin ChengYu stood by the gate of the Jiang family home. He didn't dare to go back in, fearing that Jiang Xiao would lose his temper again.

Uncle Yue held his tongue. Grandpa Lin was curious about Lin ChengYu's all-consuming search for that person, but he never asked about it. The elder Lin was a true man of action. His consistent principle was to say less and do more.

As far as he was concerned, Lin ChengYu was young, infected with a temporary fever. After being rejected so many times, he'd get over it without much trouble. He wouldn't think about someone so far away once he was back in Liujiang, and his feelings would fade over time. That was true of most passions. The elder Lin wasn't optimistic, which wasn't surprising.

As Yue Cheng thought about this, he decided to remind the child of something. "There was a phone call from home just now. They said the old man isn't doing well. He's in the hospital. General Manager Lin is there...."

His words were vague, leaving it for Lin ChengYu to fill in the blanks.

When Lin ChengYu heard certain key words in those sentences, he instantly turned his head and gazed at Yue Cheng.

"When did it happen?"

"Last night," Uncle Yue said in a faint voice. "So you'd better go back at once."

If he stayed here, he'd just make himself a nuisance.

The person Yue Cheng had mentioned, General Manager Lin, was Lin RongJia's father and Lin ChengYu's paternal uncle. His name was Lin Feng.

Yue Cheng was directly involved with company matters. At present, his relationship with Lin Feng wasn't bad. You could even call it cordial. However, he'd followed Grandpa Lin first, and later he worked for the eldest Lin son for many years. His overall bias was in favor of Lin ChengYu.

Later on, he was framed by Lin Feng and sent to prison. That was the reason Lin ChengYu lost all his money after Yongjiang Company went bankrupt.

Lin ChengYu was taken aback. According to his memory, Grandpa was supposed to be healthy and in decent shape at this point in time. The first thing Lin ChengYu did when he was reborn was change his usual doctor. The new doctor gave Grandpa a thorough examination, and the change prevented Lin Feng from making certain moves.

Lin ChengYu was only fourteen years old, a long way from adulthood. Meanwhile, Lin Feng had taken charge of most things in the company, although major decisions needed the approval of Grandpa Lin. Lin Feng wasn't yet in a position to cover the sky with one hand. Although Lin Feng had been channeling company funds to himself for a while, he needed time to implement everything he'd planned.

In principle, there shouldn't be any major problems right now.

But it was useless to try to predict everything with logic. Lin ChengYu had never imagined his own uncle would be responsible for the company's bankruptcy in his last life. Lin Feng had his own reasons for maliciously managing Yongjiang Company and trying to bring it down. He had too few shares in his hands. Grandpa Lin doted on Lin ChengYu and was waiting for him to take over the company when he became an adult. Ever since Lin Feng was a child, he felt that his older brother was unfairly favored, and he resented it.

Lin ChengYu didn't tell Jiang Xiao about any of this in his last life. To be honest, Lin ChengYu hadn't even entered the company at that age. Things happened so suddenly that he wasn't clear about a lot of details.

But he knew that Yongjiang Company had been involved in a real estate development project at the time, called Mingyue Bay Ecological Zone.

This was a key development project in Shen City, a first-tier city, and it was too large to be handled by Yongjiang alone. Mingyue Bay Ecological Zone occupied a large area with beautiful beaches and two small islands. In addition to the premium beachfront hotels in which Yongjiang was the main investor, there were high-end villas, beach tourist areas, amusement parks, shopping malls, and a range of supporting facilities. According to the municipal project plan, there would be two new highways, a bridge and a subway entrance, and an airport built nearby. This was a hen that was going to lay a lot of golden eggs.