Chapter 24

───≍✤≍───∘∙❖∙∘───≍✤≍───

Ijekiel and Acreya secretly went to the garden away from the eyes of others. Both were seated at the fountain's basin.Ijekiel dipped his hand in the water before sprinkling some on the Princess. Above them are the thousands of stars twinkling in the pitch black sky, along with the bright full moon.

"Stop that, I'll cut your hand". Ijekiel chuckled as Acreya took his drenched hand and wiped it with her handkerchief. Ijekiel watches the princess with an obvious red tinge on his cheek and a smile on his lips.

When Acreya was about to withdraw her hand, Ijekiel held it, making the princess look at him with confusion.

"I have something for you, Creya." His right hand went to his pocket as he pulled something and wrapped it around her wrist.

"I pick the simplest since the Princess doesn't want to wear extravagant jewelry. With this, you can always wear it." Ijekiel gave an eye-closed smile before clasping their fingers and placing a kiss at the top of Acreya's hand.

"Thank you, Ijekiel. I'll make sure to wear this every day. Her expression softened as she stared at her wrist where the bracelet was attached and their intertwined hands.

"I know the Princess would do that." His cheeky grin caused Acreya to scoff, but a small smile crept on her lips, which didn't slip from Ijekiel as his heart warmed.

There is no doubt that he was madly in love with the woman in front of her. Ijekiel has been smitten by the princess. It's like entering a maze without a door to exit. However, he was fine with that. If it were only Acreya, then he would stay in that maze forever.

Acreya went beside her father, who was with Athanasia. The younger princess wiggled her eyebrows teasingly, but Acreya didn't pay attention to it.

"I see your partner left you." She stated, seeing Lucas is absent.

"He needs to fix something in the tower." Athanasia explained, making the older one hum before glancing at her father, who was still in a bad mood.

"Father, if you continue to frown like that, you'll gain wrinkles before you turn 40."

"If in exchange is to break that mutt's hand, then it's fine with me." Acreya nervously chuckled at her father's murderous plan. She then pulled Claude down and pecked on his cheeks as his menacing aura slowly faded.

'It worked'. Both of the siblings thought.

"Don't come near the mutt again." Claude demanded.

"Father, Ijekiel is my friend and please refrain from calling him "mutt." He has a name for a reason." Acreya tried to depend on Ijekiel, causing the Emperor to scowl.