10- Invisibility

Defense Against the Dark Arts, soon became Celia's least favourite lesson.
And after three weeks of daily detentions with Umbridge, Harry hated the hag just as much as Celia.
The terrible words on the back of their hands took longer to fade after each torture session, and Celia feared that they would both be permanently scarred very soon.
In order to come up with a way to become unseen at school again, Celia had begun looking into invisibility spells. And eventually she managed to cast a spell on one of her hats, which turned her whole body invisible, when wearing the hat.
The charm only lasted a few days, at which point she had to cast the spell again.
But while wearing the hat, she could walk around the castle without being seen by anyone, and she liked it.

One evening she was sitting in the owlery with her hat on, when Hermione entered.
Celia took off her hat and jumped to her feet to greet her friend.
"Hey Hermione" smiled Celia.
"Celia, you scared me" admitted Hermione.
Celia dropped her hat onto the floor, "Sorry".
"That's alright. Why didn't I see you when I arrived?" Asked Hermione.
"I've placed an extending invisibility charm around my hat, so that no one can see me when I have it on my head. I love that I can walk about again, without people staring at me and whispering under their breaths about me. It reminds me of the old days, when no one knew I existed" answered Celia.

"That's some really clever magic" praised Hermione.
"That's high praise coming from you" replied Celia.
"You're welcome"
"I got the idea from Harry's invisibility cloak, but I decided to place the charm on one of my hat's instead, because then I don't have to hold anything around me"
"Smart. But the cloak is good, because it can fit us all under it at once. However since there's only one of you, you don't need the spell to cover anyone else"
"No, I don't... Where is Harry?"
"He got himself another week's worth of detentions with Umbridge"
"Oh dear"
"Yes, he's not very happy. And Ron's at Quidditch practice, so I'm all by myself right now".

"Is that why you sought me out?" Questioned Celia.
"Yes and no... I came here looking for you, because I wanted to ask you something" informed Hermione.
"Ask me what?" Frowned Celia.
"Whether or not you wanted to join a Defense Against the Dark Arts group that me and Harry are going to set up. We are going to learn some spells and how to defend ourself from dark wizards, since Umbridge is failing to do so"
"Sounds like fun to me. I'm not exactly learning anything in my lessons. And even if I wasn't being isolated from my class, I still wouldn't be learning anything from that god awful textbook"
"I'm glad that you're on board"
"Any chance to rebel against Umbridge"
"Good".

"Where are the four of us going to meet to practice these spells?" Asked Celia.
"I'm not sure yet. But it's not just going to be the four of us. I've asked lots of other people to join us" revealed Hermione.
"Other Gryffindors?" Questioned Celia.
"Yes, and Ravenclaw's and Hufflepuff's. Not just students in our year either. Some in yours and some in Ginny's"
"I see... On second thoughts, perhaps this isn't the kind of thing I want to be getting involved with. Umbridge already hates my guts, and I don't want to give her even more reasons to punish me".

Hermione frowned, "You were all for it a minute ago, what changed?".
"I thought that it was going to just be the four of us. I didn't know there was going to be like 30 other people there. You know how much I hate people. I don't like being stared at, which is why I avoid everyone as much as possible" reminded Celia.
"I know that, but I've only invited people who we like, and who I'm sure believe the truth about Voldemort's return. So, no one is going to stare at you" informed Hermione.
"I don't think I've ever heard you say his name before"
"I said it for the first time the other day, when I was convincing Harry to be our teacher".

"And Harry's O.K with this? He's not exactly mr popular right now, either. So I can't see him wanting to be around a large group of people, any more than me" admitted Celia.
"Well, he did take a bit of convincing, but eventually me and Ron succeeded. We reminded him that Voldemort is getting stronger, and we need to be ready to fight him. And it's no good if we are the only ones prepared for the war to come. We need as many people as possible to fight alongside us" insisted Hermione.
"And I suppose this includes me" sighed Celia.
"After everything Voldemort did to your brother, I can't imagine you passing on an opportunity to defeat him".

"I do want to help destroy him, for killing my brother. But being around lots of people, is sort of my worst nightmare" Celia said quietly.
"Just come to the first initial meeting. Then you can see who is going to be there, and decide if you want to be a part of this group or not" suggested Hermione.
"I bet you've asked Cho to come, since we all know Harry has a crush on her"
"I have, yes"
"Great"
"Don't let her stop you from coming though... Look, we are all going to be gathered at the Hog's Head on the first Hogsmeade visit in October, and I'd really like it if you came"
"I'll think about it"
"That's all I can ask for".