32- Bedridden

When Celia woke up she saw sun streaming in through the windows and it took her a few moments to realise that she was in the hospital wing.
She immediately looked around for McGonagall, but she was nowhere to be found.
Celia saw Madam Pomfrey spooning a strange blue liquid into Montague's mouth, for he had still not recovered from the days he spent stuck inside the Vanishing Cabinet.
"Madam Pomfrey, where is Professor McGonagall?" Questioned Celia, as she sat bolt upright in bed.
Madam Pomfrey put down the spoon she had been holding and made her way over to Celia.
"I'm glad to see that you're awake. You had a nasty bump to the head" admitted the matron.

"Where is McGonagall?" Celia asked again.
"She was taken to St Mungo's earlier this morning, since she needs more urgent care than we can offer here" answered Madam Pomfrey.
"She will be alright though, won't she?" Questioned Celia.
"Although she took 4 Stunners to the chest, and will likely be sore for a while, I'm sure she will make a full recovery. So there is no need for you to be worried about her".
Celia sighed in relief and laid her head back down against her pillow.
"That's good" she mumbled.
Her head was pounding, causing her great pain, and making it hard for her to focus on anything.

"You should be applauded for your actions last night. You dragged McGonagall's unconscious body all the way up from Hagrid's hut, to the castle, while being wounded yourself" praised Madam Pomfrey.
"It was nothing. Anyone else would have done the same" replied Celia.
"Maybe, but it was you who did it" reminded Madam Pomfrey.
"I guess"
"So, how are you feeling this morning? Any blurry vision or dizziness? Are you in any pain or discomfort?"
"No, I'm fine".

Madam Pomfrey frowned, not believing her.
"Honestly, I'm fine... How did I get up here last night anyway?" Asked Celia, changing the subject.
"Mr Potter and his whole class watched the scene from the Astronomy tower, during their Astronomy exam. Once the exam had finished, he ran down to make sure you were O.K. He then came to fetch me. I managed to patch you up, so you'll be O.K in a day or two. However, I do want to keep you in for another night, because you had a nasty concussion, and I want to make sure you are really alright, before I send you back to lessons" answered Madam Pomfrey.

"I'm in no hurry to return to class" admitted Celia.
"No, I don't expect you are... While caring for you, I noticed new scars on the back of your hand" revealed the matron.
Celia looked down at her bandaged hand and sighed.
"Umbridge has been making me write in my blood again, it's nothing serious" she lied.
"You and I clearly have a different idea of what serious means. The way you and your fellow students have been treated this year, is awful. And I'd resign right now, if I wasn't so concerned about what would happen to you lot after I was gone"
"We can't have you leaving too, not now that we've lost Dumbledore, McGonagall and Hagrid"
"My thoughts exactly".

As Celia began to process her own words, she realised just how much danger they were all in.
Without McGonagall around, Umbridge really would have no one to oppose her.
And since Celia assisted McGonagall the night before, she knew Umbridge was going to be extra hard on her, the minute she left the hospital wing.
"Mr Potter wants to see you, but I told him he had to wait until I let him, as I didn't want him just barging in here and disturbing you" continued Madam Pomfrey.

"He hasn't been waiting outside all night has he?" Questioned Celia.
"No, I sent him back to his room once I'd treated you, but he did return early this morning, to make sure that you were O.K" answered Madam Pomfrey.
"Good, I'm glad he didn't sleep on the floor outside... I don't want to see Harry just yet though. He has his last exam today, and I don't want to take him away from revising. Tell him he can come back after his History of Magic exam, if he still wants to" replied Celia.

Madam Pomfrey respected Celia's wishes, and wouldn't let Harry inside the hospital wing.
Celia was then left alone with only her own thoughts for the rest of the day.
She knew there was no way of stopping Umbridge, not now she was at the height of her power.
Umbridge had all of the Ministry behind her, and nothing would ever change that.
Even if they killed Umbridge, Fudge would just replace her with someone even worse.

After thinking it over, Celia realised that if Hogwarts were to ever be free again, the Minister for Magic would have to be dealt with.
If Fudge was gone, a new Minister could step in, one who believed that Voldemort was back.
Only then could the wizarding world begin to fight the right monster.
And if no one else was going to step up and do the right thing for the greater good, then she would.