15- Protean Charm

As time past, Celia began to feel happy at Hogwarts once again, thanks to the DA.
She also started using the Room of Requirement as her own special hideout, when she wanted to get away from people.
Unfortunately the DA couldn't have regular meetings though, because they had to accommodate for 3 separate Quidditch team practices throughout the week.
But midway through November, Hermione found a way for them to communicate outside of the Room of Requirement, which made choosing their meet up days much easier.
At the end of one of their sessions, she handed out fake gold galleons to everyone.

"You see the numerals around the edge of the coins? On real galleons that's just the serial number referring to the goblin who made the coin. On these fake coins though, the numbers will change to reflect the time and date of the next meeting. The coins will grow hot when the date changes, so if you're carrying them in your pockets, you'll be able to feel them. We take one each, and when Harry sets the date he'll change the numbers on his coin, and because I've put a Protean Charm on them, they'll change to mimic his" announced Hermione.
Everyone in the room stared at her, as if she had just spoken in another language.

"Well, I thought it was a good idea. I mean, even if Umbridge asked us to turn out our pockets, there's nothing fishy about carrying a galleon is there? But if you don't want to use them-" started Hermione.
"You can do a Protean Charm?" Interrupted Terry Boot.
"Yes" replied Hermione.
"But that's NEWT standard"
"Oh, well I guess it is"
"How come you're not in Ravenclaw, with brains like yours?".

Celia smiled, "I asked her that when we became good friends and I realised just how clever she was".
"The Sorting Hat did consider putting me in Ravenclaw, but in the end it chose Gryffindor. I guess it could see that I like breaking the rules, as we are doing now... So, does that mean we're using the galleons?" Questioned Hermione.
Everyone nodded and began heading out of the room.
Celia saw a strange look cross Harry's face, so she made her way over to him.
"Are you O.K?" She asked.
"I'm fine" mumbled Harry.

Celia raised an eyebrow, not believing him.
"What's really troubling you?" She demanded.
"Well, do you know what these coins remind me of?" Asked Harry.
"No" answered Celia.
"The death eaters scars. Voldemort touches one of them, and all their scars burn. They then know exactly where they have to go to join him" replied Harry.
Hermione bit her lip awkwardly, "Well, that is where I got the idea from. But as you'll notice, I decided to engrave the date on bits of metal, instead of our members skins".
"I like your way better" admitted Harry quietly.

"I guess the only danger is that we might spend them by accident" sighed Celia, as she pocketed her coin.
"Fat chance. I haven't got any real galleons to confuse it with" admitted Ron, as he looked closer at his fake galleon.
"Money isn't everything" Celia said softly.
"She's right. I would trade all the money in my vault, to have my parents back" admitted Harry.
"And I would gladly swap my families fortune, to have a loving and caring family like yours, Ron" informed Celia.

"Your parents do love you Celia, even if they don't show it" insisted Hermione.
"Maybe they do, deep down. But since they pay me zero attention, when I'm around them, I have no idea how they really feel about me" sighed Celia.
"Have you decided what you are going to do for Christmas yet?" Asked Harry.
Celia shook her head, "Originally I was going to stay here, like you, but I don't think I can face Umbridge during Christmas break. However, I really don't want to go home and have to put up with my parents".

"I'm not staying here anymore, I'm going to spend Christmas with the Weasley's" informed Harry.
"Lucky you" mumbled Celia, through gritted teeth.
"You will need to decide soon, because you will have to put your name down on McGonagall's list at the beginning of December, if you want to stay at Hogwarts during the holidays" reminded Harry.
"Yeah, I know. But I'm trying to decide which is the lesser of two evils, and I haven't made up my mind yet"
"I think you should go home, because your parents can't be any worse than Umbridge"
"They aren't. But being around them isn't good for me. You saw what I was like when I came back to Hogwarts after the summer break. I was a mess. And I don't want to get like that again".

"I could ask my mum to invite you to stay at the Burrow with us and Harry" suggested Ron.
"You would do that for me?" Questioned Celia.
"Sure. I mean, it's up to her. But since we're practically neighbours, and she knows that you've had a hard year, I can't imagine her saying no to you" admitted Ron.
"Thanks Ron"
"You're welcome. Besides, since my prat of a brother disowned us all, mum's been looking for someone to replace him".

Celia chuckled, "Well, I'm not sure if I can replace Percy, even if I am as smart as him".
"Your way smarter than Percy, trust me" replied Harry.
"That's good to know" grinned Celia.
"I have to warn you now though, that Christmases with the Weasley's can get a little mad" admitted Ron.
"I look forward to experience the madness, that is if your mother wants me there" replied Celia.
"She'll want you there, trust me" reassured Ron.
"Good... Now, we had better get back to our common rooms, in case Filch or Mrs Norris catches us and reports us to Umbridge. Because the last thing I want while I'm in such a good mood, is a detention with that old hag".