5- Non-Believers

After having an argument with Marietta at the feast, Celia was not looking forward to sharing a room with her that night.
At the end of the last term she had slept in the hospital wing, to avoid her classmates, but she knew that Madam Pomfrey was unlikely to allow her to do that again.
So she had no choice but to head to her dormitory that evening, where her roommates were waiting.
They all stared at her when she entered the room, and she assumed this was because of her outburst at dinner, and her use of Voldemort's name.

"I don't want to talk to any of you, so can we just go to bed?" Questioned Celia, as she headed towards her suitcase and belongings.
"We share a room Celia, so you can't just ignore us forever" frowned Marietta as she folded her arms.
"Well, you four were pretty good at ignoring me for the first 4 years of school, so I don't see why I can't ignore you now" replied Celia.

"Are you angry at us for leaving you out then? I thought that was what you wanted. I didn't think that you wanted to hang out with us" admitted Cho.
"Just because I was good at being invisible, it doesn't mean that I always wanted to be. It would have been nice to have felt more included by you guys. But none of that matters anymore, because I'll never be invisible again. Not after the events of last year. The Diggory name is going to be in the spotlight for a while" sighed Celia, as she sat down on her bed.

"Have you spoken to Harry about what happened to Cedric? Did he tell you exactly how your brother died?" Asked Katia.
"He did. But that's none of your business. I don't want my brother's death to spread like idle gossip throughout the school. Nor do I want the facts to change as the story gets retold, like Chinese Whispers" answered Celia.
"You can't get angry at us for believing what the Ministry say, and then refuse to tell us exactly what happened last term" replied Marietta.

"I can do what I like. And I don't want to talk about Cedric!" Snapped Celia.
She grabbed hold of her drugs bag and headed into the dormitory bathroom, shutting the door firmly behind her, before locking it.
"Do you really think Harry was telling the truth?" Whispered Arabella.
"It's Harry's word against the rest of the world. I for one like to put my faith in facts, and there is no proof that you-know-who is back. My parents think that Harry is just trying to stir up trouble" announced Katia.
"How did Cedric die then?" Asked Arabella.
"Who knows. But the Ministry are probably covering up for Harry and Dumbledore, so that we don't find out the truth".

Celia moved away from the door, so that she didn't have to listen to her roommates discussion any more.
She then opened her bag and pulled out a cigarette, which did not contain mere tobacco.
After lighting the end with her wand, she breathed in the chemicals from the cigarette before blowing out the smoke through her mouth.
Once she had taken in enough of the drug, and felt a lot calmer, she used magic to remove the smell from the room, so that no one would work out that she had been smoking illegal substances.
She then placed her things inside the bag, before heading back into the dormitory.

"We are not going to ask you anymore questions about Cedric's death" informed Katia.
"Good" mumbled Celia, as she began to rummage through her suitcase, in search of her pyjamas.
"But if you won't explain to us exactly what happened, then we will continue to believe that Harry is a lair and an attention seeker" replied Katia.
"If you want to carry on believing the false information that the Prophet spews out, then be my guest. I doubt that you would even believe me if I told you the whole truth anyway, since you seem intent on villianising Harry, and ignoring the truth even when it's staring you right in the face".

"You can be such a bitch sometimes" frowned Marietta, before heading into the bathroom with her toiletries.
"Yeah I know" muttered Celia.
"You should keep a tighter hold of the leesh around your best friend" continued Celia, as Cho approached her.
"She doesn't mean to be cruel and she didn't want to upset you" insisted Cho.
"Yet she still managed to do both things... You do believe Harry don't you?" Questioned Celia.
"I want to. And I certainly don't believe the lies that the Prophet have been printing about him and Dumbledore. But it's just hard to accept that you-know-who is back and that he killed Cedric".

"As his girlfriend, you should accept the truth about how he died, no matter what" said Celia.
"And I really want to. I know that Harry is a good person, and unlikely to just make things up for attention. I'm just not sure whether I want to believe it" revealed Cho.
"No one wants to believe that Voldemort is back. But since it's the truth, we have no choice but to accept it" replied Celia.
"I suppose you're right"
"It's nice to have at least one other person in our dormitory, who doesn't believe that Harry is a nutcase".

"I feel sorry for Harry" admitted Cho.
"Yeah, me too. I hate having people looking and whispering at me. And I know that it's 100 times worse for Harry. He didn't ask for any of this" agreed Celia, who was suprised to find herself and Cho on the same page for once.
"People are being so mean about him. And even if he was lying about you-know-who, he doesn't deserve to be treated like this" replied Cho.
"No, he doesn't. I'm certainly glad that I'm not in Harry's shoes right now. Because I can't imagine a worse time to be the chosen one" admitted Celia.