Epiphany

Epiphany

Ross sat at his couch, sighing as he let his head rested into it. He was still trying to process everything that just had happened to him in the last hour.

Mona broke up with him.

She was probably the longest girlfriend he dated in years and she just dumped him.

What started as a Valentine's day romantic night turned into his worst nightmare that moment Mona came to surprise him in his own apartment. One thing led to another and Mona eventually found out that Rachel was now living with him.

Yes, his pregnant ex-wife was now living with him, which of course drove any girlfriend, including Mona, crazy and lying about it eventually just put him into a worse place. He was going to come clean though, it wasn't like he was trying to hide it forever.

He had this plan to pamper her, making her believe she was the luckiest girl in the world for being his girlfriend. He even had prepared a gift that he had to say, it kind of cost him a lot of money, like a lot. Then he’d take her to a very nice dinner and back into his place where he’d planned to drop the bomb in front of her just when she thought she had the greatest night of her life. But of course, his plan was left in vain when she unexpectedly came into his house, ruining everything he had carefully prepared.

To say Mona was pissed about the whole thing was an understatement. Ross could've sworn, the look on her eyes could easily pierce through the concrete. Ross pleaded for her to understand him, he had tried his best to assure her that he loved her and he only wanted to move in with Rachel just because he didn't want to miss any other things about the pregnancy, not because he still had some feelings lingering for his ex. But of course, that wasn't enough to convince her, that wasn’t even enough to convince himself.

Well, Ross couldn't blame her though, if anything, Mona should've broken up with him sooner considering how he treated her throughout the entire relationship. He was ashamed to admit it, but he was indeed a terrible boyfriend for her. Throughout his relationship with Mona, Rachel was occupying his mind most of the time, it was almost like he was cheating on her with his mind. But again, how couldn't he? Rachel was carrying his baby at the moment, of course she'd be constantly on his mind.

He neglected Mona over and over again. He literally left her alone at the theater just a few weeks ago. Yup, there was no doubt if there was such a thing as an award for the worst boyfriend of the year, he would surely win that.

He wasn't fully committed to this relationship, even when he thought they were moving way too fast-like the time Mona suggested sending a joined Christmas card, it scared him. He didn't want a serious relationship right now, or well at least not with Mona. This relationship was set to doom from the very beginning. Not only that they had extra baggage with Rachel and their baby, he wasn't really there for her even when they were together. His mind constantly drifted apart to the one person Mona was insecure about and his lies just made everything worse.

Fully aware of what he had done wrongly in this relationship, he felt really bad for Mona. She was doing her best to become his girlfriend. She was trying her best to adapt with the complicated situation he was in, she was being really understanding about the circumstances he was in, and she was really really nice-and well, not to mention, how hot she was. Maybe in different circumstances they could go a long way. That poor woman had to be caught in Ross and Rachel's little world, making her another victim of their complicated love story.

Well, maybe breaking up with Mona was for the best. Maybe he should've done it sooner. What was the point of dating anyone right now when deep down he knew Rachel would always occupy most of his mind anyway?