Part Two - It's Time

As I sit in my office, I feel nervous and there is an unsettled feeling inside of me. I have asked Bloom to meet me in my office at thus time. It is time to come clean and tell her the truth. No matter how hard it will be. She is my daughter, and I have sensed it from the moment I found her in that abandoned warehouse. I could tell how lonely and misunderstood she was, and how nobody understood her. Well I do.
It is time she knew. My hand shakes as I gently pour the kettle to make our tea. It may help to calm my nerves and Bloom's when she hears the truth.
Now Rosalind is free I want Bloom finding out from me, not her. I know Rosalind will twist the truth to gain her trust, and that is the last thing Bloom and I need. I will tackle Saul Silva when Bloom has time to process what I have to tell her, but that time will come. For now my biggest duty is to be honest with my daughter about who she is and where she is from. She deserves that and more.
When I first met her since birthing her I saw a lonely and isolated girl but no I see a powerful young woman with so much magic inside her and a clear mind with big goals. Now I see myself when I was her age, but with more power than I ever thought I could have passed on to her.
I hear a knock at the door. This is it, she's here.
"Come in." I manage to utter and in walks Bloom. Hair fresh as a daisy and spirit as strong as...me.
"Hi, Ms Dowling." She utters and she takes a seat next to me that I placed there especially for her.
"How are you feeling?" I ask her. Yesturday she defeated countless burned ones and unleashed hidden magic within herself. I just wished she hadn't released Rosalind to do so, but I can not change that now.
"I'm tired. But I guess that's expected." She smiles at me and places her hands on her lap.
"You drew on so much magic last night, so that is definitely expected. Look, Bloom... I need to tell you something."
"OK... What is it, Ms Dowling?" her reply seems uneasy. She can sense it's something big I have to say. I can almost hear her mind buzzing around in circles with thoughts.
Hearing 'Ms Dowling' eats away at my mind. From the moment I found her hearing her say my name made me realise how I longed her to just call me 'mother' or 'mum' but for now, it is Ms Dowling.
"I wanted to tell you before now. But I couldn't find the right words. But with everything that has happened, I feel like now is the right time, Bloom." I clench my hands a little that sit on my desk as I find the courage to tell her. I have total control of my powers, my life and the school, but when it comes to Bloom, I can't find the words to say. It almost feels like sixteen years ago, when Rosalind used her magic so I couldn't talk about my daughter to anyone.
"What is this about? Please, just tell me." I can see Bloom feels uneasy so I prepare myself to say the most important words I have ever spoken to anyone. I was speaking to my daughter now, and Bloom just had to know that.
"You wanted to know who you are, Bloom. I promised I would help you. I have to be honest now. You deserve that." Bloom bites her lip almost in slow motion and she looks at me. Her hands grasp one another as she wonders what I am going to say to her.
"The matter is, Bloom. You are my daughter." The words come from my mouth like wildfire. I take a deep breath in and await her reaction.
There is a moment of silence. A painful silence. Then Bloom let's out a laugh and she starts to giggle.
"Yeah, good one, Ms Dowling. Seriously, what is it?" She says as she laughs.
She looks at me and notices my still expression and her laugh turns into a nervous laugh.
"You...you can't be. This is a joke, right?"
My face remains still as I look at Bloom. My daughter who I found, which it seems sixteen years too late. She looks at me and narrows her eyes. She is finally realising what I have told her is the truth and I take my glance away from her for a second to not imagine the pain she must feel.
"I'm sorry, Bloom. I fell pregnant and Rosalind did not like it. She hid it from everyone with Queen Luna' help. The day you were born I didn't even see you. She took you, Bloom, to the other world. I couldn't find you. That was, until I found you at the old warehouse, Bloom. I am so sorry." Bloom stares at me in a whole different light. Tears drop down her face in little droplets and and breathes in heavily, before running out of my office.
"Bloom." I don't shout, I just say her name hoping she will stay here with me so I can explain. But she is gone.
Well done, Farah, you have lost your daughter again. I hope I haven't lost her. I need to explain things so she understands why all this happened.