Part Five- Were A Family

I stand in front of Saul. The man I have loved for many years. But also I man I was forced to break up with. Now I have prepared myself to tell him the news I have kept from him. I'm not sure how he will take the news but it's time, especially now Bloom knows and she is alright with it.
"Farah, is everything OK?" He looks concerned bless him. He always looks out for me and wants to help. I wonder if he will still look out for me when I tell him about Bloom. How I wish I didn't have to do this. I wish I had told Saul Silva sixteen years ago now, and now I wouldn't have this big secret to tell him. But I know deep inside that it's the right thing to do, and now I am stronger than I was all that time ago. I am strong enough to handle any outcome that may arise.
"Saul, you may want to sit down?" I signalled with my hand for Saul to take a seat. I stood in front of my desk and when Saul sat down, I sat by him by my desk. I place my hand on his as I want to offer him as much support as I can. I am not sure if he will allow me to do this when I tell him. But I have no choice, I know that i must do it now.
I have to be completely honest.
"Saul, I have something to tell you. I don't know you are going to react." I look at my desk for a moment and then I return to meet his gaze. I look at him and my heart breaks inside knowing what we have been through together.
"What is this about, Farah? You can tell me anything, you know that." His gentle words fill my ears and soul with ease. Nothing can make it easier for what I about to tell him, but it definitely helps.
"Sixteen years ago..." just as I'm about to continue, Saul interrupts me and loses his gaze on me.
"Farah, we said all we needed to that day. Please, don't." He pleaded. I could tell he was upset and that he hadn't healed at all since that day. But maybe when I tell him, he will realise he can be happy with a family, our family.
"But I have to, Saul. I have to tell you this now, or I never will. I told you our baby had died. Rosalind had used her magic on me, so I could not tell you the truth back then. I am stronger now, Saul, and I can't and I will not lie anymore." I looked at him the eye, my eyes pleading for him to stay and listen to me.
He stayed where he was sat and he met my gaze once again. I knew his heart was in pain just by his expression. Digging up the past was painful, but I had to do it to come clean to him. I care about him too much to lie to him anymore.
Noticing that he wasn't about to respond to me, I continued.
"Saul, our baby is alive. And she is here. Rosalind took her to the other world before I could stop her. It was too late. She made it so that I couldn't speak about it...to anyone." Saul stares at me and then looks at the ground. His hands start to meet and he looks agitated and uncomfortable suddenly.
"You lied to me? Farah, I have always trusted you, with my life. And our baby is here? Have I met her? How did you find her?" All these questions made my brain jumble for moment. I adjust my posture and straighten my back before I even start to answer his flood of questions. I know that he needed these answers, to heal and move forward.

"I sensed her magic, Saul, and I knew I had found her when I saw her at the abandoned warehouse. She has bright eyes that make the sun look shady. It's Bloom, Saul. She is our daughter. We are a family." Saul puts his hands over his face and rocks back and forth. I can feel his brain whizzing around with thoughts and questions. I knew this was a lot to handle, but he had to know the truth...and now he did. He knew what had happened.
"Bloom is ours? Farah, you should have told me." I reach my hand out to place onto his but Saul pulls his hand away and stands up sharply. He shakes his head like he is shaking off the thoughts inside his brain.
"I need time, Farah. I need time." He barely manages to finish his sentence without leaving through the door. He strides through the door and I head the croak and tap of his footsteps as he runs down the staircase. I know that he probably will never forgive me for this, but I needed him to know. I felt at ease now. I felt like a weight had been lifted from upon my shoulders.