[1]

You sat in the corner of the cold empty room, knees pulled up to your chest and eyes squeezed shut. Near the door sat a dirty paper plate with stale bread and a small shot glass of water that you hadn't touched or even looked at since it was placed there.

You didn't want to move, the tight-fitted collar around your neck a constant and terrifying reminder of what would happen had you moved the wrong way or spoke the wrong words. Every little miss-step would result in a harsh shock and you didn't want to risk receiving one.

It's not like you were hungry anyways. Though you were incredibly thin and frail the thought of eating made you nauseous. Starving to death wasn't something you were looking forward to but it would be better than all of the pain you'd expierence at the hands of the people here, no matter how cruel that sounded.

Suddenly you were yanked up by your arm, large hands gripping your forearm tightly as you tried to steady yourself on your bare feet. Looking up at the person you let out a small breath, he wasn't much taller than you but he was muscular and looked terrifying.

Before you could form another thought you were being pulled out the door, another hand grabbing your other arm. You didn't bother looking to see who this time, instead keeping your eyes on the tiled floor below.

The man who grabbed you first opened a heavy metal door before tossing you inside. You tumbled over rather easily with a huff, turning your gaze back towards the door as it was slammed shut. Though you couldn't hear it, the vibrations were enough to tell you that he'd shut the door hard.

A light flickered to your right, snapping your eyes to the source you saw what looked like a computer monitor attached to the wall. It was quite large and was displaying a picture of an older man. He wore a white lab coat with a blue undershirt and had a pen attached to his chest pocket, probably to look more formal.

You pushed to your feet with a soft sigh, keeping your eyes trained on the bright screen and ignoring the slight pain it caused your eyes. The man then unfroze and started speaking, though you had no idea what he was saying. You were only able to lip read a few words and he wasn't saying any of them.

A black bar appeared suddenly at the bottom of the video, white words displayed over it. You quickly recognized them as subtitles and couldn't help but roll your eyes. With the amount of time you spent here you barely spent any time reading, you hardly could. It didn't help that the words were in Russian.

Finally a phrase you recognized appeared on screen, it was in English thankfully.

“You belong to us number 785, Hail Hydra.”

Then it switched off, leaving you in darkness once again.