[4]

You opened your eyes then squinted at the bright light of the room. As your eyes adjusted to the room you let your gaze travel over the room slowly, it looked similar to a hospital room. Shaking your head you tried to bring your hand up to your face but was surprised to find out it was handcuffed to the bed.

With an exaggerated huff you let the hand fall back on the bed. Why were you handcuffed? More importantly, where were you? No place in any Hydra room you'd been placed in had windows, not that you could recall anyways. You tried to recall the events of before you woke up, unsure if that was a day away or only a few hours. All you could come up with was that lady drugging you and cutting your leg with her knife.

Noticing a bit of movement in the corner of your eye you looked up, watching as someone made their way into the room. He was a bit short and had brown curly hair. Glasses sat on his face and he was wearing a purple shirt and had a pen clipped on his chest pocket. Following him was a man of about the same size who had darker brown hair and oddly shaven facial hair. He wore a black jacket and a red shirt beneath.

You watched as the two men approached you with wide eyes. The curly haired one grabbed a clipboard on the table next to you, the table you failed to notice earlier. The other man must've said something to you because when you turned to look at you he had confusion and offense written all over his features. You tried to raise your hand to attempt and indicate your lack of hearing yet, once again, the handcuff held you back. Did they think you were a threat? Better question, did they know who you were at all?

He started speaking again, maybe apologizing for or defending the use of the cuffs. Whatever it was you'd probably never know, he spoke too fast for you to even attempt lip reading.

Finally, tired of your puzzled staring and lack of input, he stopped talking to you and instead the other man who you decided was probably some kind of doctor.

You turned your eyes to the clock that sat above the door with what you intended to be a quiet sigh, watching as each second ticked by. After an hour and seventeen minutes had passed you felt your hand become free of its former restraint. You were then gently sat up by the doctor, an awkward smile on his face. Placing one of his hands on your shoulder he gave the other a small flick of the wrist, asking you to stand.

Seeing no other option you obeyed, moving to your feet then letting out a little noise that you imagined as a whimper at a stinging that shot through your thigh. You pulled the hospital gown up a bit trying to see the source of the pain, your leg was wrapped in some bandages that hid the wound from you. How much damage had that lady- Samantha done?

Once you were steadied you were led out of the room, the man never taking his hand from your shoulder. It was oddly comforting, though you didn't let that get to you. Doctors were never good news, they knew too many ways to kill and tear the human body apart to be good.

You eventually found yourself sitting in a metal folding chair with your foot chained to the floor. A metal table sat in front of you along with two chairs on the opposite side. A mirror was on the wall to your left though you'd seen it was a window on the way in. How did it do that, you wondered? Reflect on one side but reveal on the other.

The two men had left you alone, probably thinking you were being moody with your lack of attention and speech. You didn't like the assumption though you couldn't deny you'd probably still act the same way if you could understand what they were saying.

It took somewhere around half an hour for the door to open again. Two people again, though not the same two. One was a red-headed woman who looked rather bored of the situation. The other man had brown hair, did all of the men in this group have brown hair? He gave you a little smile though it wasn't as awkward as the doctor's. His hair was shaved on the sides which you found interesting, you'd never seen someone have such an odd haircut.

The two sat down in front and you realized this was an interrogation, for what you couldn't be sure. You just wanted to know where you were. They couldn't be associated with Hydra, none of them had stuck you with needles that you were aware of and after watching the other two bicker earlier you were pretty sure they were speaking English. Still, you stayed on your guard.

The woman began speaking when they'd seated themselves but you raised your hand, stopping her before she could get too far. There was no point in letting her go on with questions that you couldn't hear, you'd probably be marked down as "unresponsive" if you did. Lifting the hand to your ear you made an X using your index finger.

She seemed confused though the man caught on nearly immediately, leaning forwards with a little nod of his head. Taking his own hands he moved them in a few odd shapes. Realizing he was signing you shook your head, you didn't know the language people spoke with their hands. He tapped his chin in thought and the red-headed lady moved to her feet and out of the room.

She returned in only a few seconds and placed a paper and pencil in front of you. She scribbled something down and turned the paper to face you. With a little breath you squint your eyes at the words before giving another shake of your head. You were a bit embarrassed by the trouble you were causing, you'd never realized how little you knew. Could hardly read, didn't know how to write, couldn't hear, what a bother you were.

The two looked at each other in a form of defeat, what could they do now? You bit your lip before mumbling out an, "I'm sorry." Hoping you didn't slur the words too much.

At the sound of your voice they both looked up with surprise, the man giving you an encouraging smile. He turned to the woman, said a few words to her then left the room. She gave you a small glance before following behind him, leaving you alone once again.

Shaking your head you folded your arms on the table and rested your head on top of them. What a pitiful sight you must've been. Frail, deaf, and utterly useless. No way to communicate, what would they do with you now?