[2]

You stared into the darkness where the screen had been on just a moment ago, pulling your frail arms around yourself with a quiet sigh. Starting to glance around the room you hoped your eyes would adjust to the darkness quickly, there had to be a reason they hadn't pulled you out yet and you wanted to be able to see it coming.

You cut off your thoughts as vibrations ran through the floor. Quickly you were able to identify them as either heavy boots or a heavy person. Whoever it was they must've been aware that you lacked hearing as they didn't try to make their footsteps lighter, a fools move truly.

Though you wouldn't admit it Hydra's experiments had one perk. You had a much higher sense for the vibrations and similar things around you. This was however a solution to a problem they caused, so you wouldn't be thanking them any time soon.

You tilted up your chin as the person stopped walking, weighing out your options. This could be some form of test for them, another lab rat using you as a training tool, or it could be a guard coming to pull you into another room. Your mind was screaming at you to attack but if it was a guard the consequences of attacking one wouldn't be pretty.

A hand rested on your shoulder and gave it a tight squeeze, making your jaw tense. Glancing down you realized it belonged to a female, she was wearing black fingerless gloves though they looked rather cheap, something no guard would be caught wearing. Grabbing her wrist you pried it off your shoulder and quickly spin around, the lights being turned on right when you turned to face your attacker.

She matched your height and was rather pale. Her thin brown hair reached just below her shoulders, it was unkept and held multiple knots though you were sure your own hair looked the same. Her lips were chapped and her blue eyes were dull and lifeless, you recognized her as another lifeless assassin with her brain rattled beyond belief. Another nameless Hydra pawn.

The girl pulled her wrist from your grasp then brought her fist back towards you, landing a hard punch on the right side of your jaw. Stumbling back you let out a groan, touching your hand to the area then shaking your head and moving into a fighting stance. If you had to fight you would, and you definitely had to fight.

She went for another punch but you quickly swerved out of the way, landing a punch of your own to her side though it only made her stumble. Glancing towards a window you hadn't even noticed before you saw what seemed to be the man from the video accompanied by two large men and another scientist you didn't recognize at all.

You quickly realized your mistake of letting your attention wander as you were shoved to the floor with what you imagined was a hard thud. The brown haired girl leaned over you and gripped your arm with her own, yanking you back up to your feet.

Without thinking you gripped said arm in your free hand and watched as her face scrunched up in pain. She quickly released her grip on you and stumbled back when you did the same. Her skin was now red and burned where yours had grabbed her, in the shape of your own hand.

Glancing down you let out a shaky breath of surprise. You watched as a blue flame died in your palm, shaking your head. You didn't mean to use your ability, especially not on the girl whose mind was lost to the words of Hydra. They set off at your emotions, uncontrolled and rather weak but enough to surprise her.

You sent a quick glance to the window and saw the scientist from the video writing something down and the other staring at you with an awful grin. You decided to call her Samantha, she looked like a Samantha.

Distracted to easily.

You were pinned to the wall by the furious looking girl, a scowl printed on her face though it soon melted back into it's emotionless form. She pulled a knife from somewhere inside her jacket and pulled it back, ready to stab you somewhere that she didn't seem to actually be aiming for.

Raising your hands you decided it was to late to stop now, you weren't going to kill her but she was certainly ready to kill you so a bit of fire wouldn't hurt. Seconds before she went to plunge the knife into you you reached forwards and grabbed her wrist, blue flames erupting from your hands and forcing her to drop the knife. You tried to knee her in your stomach but your frail body did nothing to her well-kept one and she grabbed hold of your leg, pulling quickly and causing you to fall with flailing arms.

She pressed her boot to your neck and you struggled beneath her. You'd used up to much energy however and soon layed uselessly as her foot pressed down harder, leaving you gasping for air. Now you regretted not eating the food that'd been offered to you countless times as you were drained from energy do quickly, but you knew it wouldn't have changed much.

Right as your peripherals began to darken into a black haze the metal door was swung open and the girl was quickly pulled away and out the room, probably shouting something about being able to finish you off.

Before you could form any proper thoughts or fill your lungs with the proper amount of air you were ripped from your place on the cold floor and being dragged somewhere, you paying no attention as you struggled to stand upright.

After what felt like hours of walking but was probably only a few minutes you were carelessly shoved onto a cold metal table. You moved to sit up as your mind slowly cleared from the fog it'd been in due to the lack of air only to be shoved back down and this time strapped in tightly. To tight.

Bringing your eyes up to the person responsible you recognized the girl you'd deemed as Samantha earlier. She muttered something that you suspected to be along the lines of 'useless brat' but your lip reading skills were poor so you couldn't be sure.

She inserted a long needle into your inner elbow making you clench your jaw as she inserted whatever was in the injection into you. Squeezing your eyes shut you let out a shaky breath.

When you opened them once again however a rumbling filled the building causing fear to bubble up within you. Samantha clutched the metal tray only to fall, pulling it and everything on it with her, you secretly hoping she'd been stabbed by the various sharp objects no matter how cruel that may have been.

You turned your fearful gaze to the large metal door in anticipation and wonder, yearning to know what had caused everything around you to shutter as it did. Red lights started flashing and you assumed an alarm had been switched on.

Had someone escaped? Broken in? Who would want to break into a place like this?

Thoughts flooded your mind and they only caused the fear to turn into terror. You started to struggle against the restraints as if there was a point, as if you could actually do anything.

Samantha pulled herself to her feet and off the floor with a grimace plastured on her ugly face, a hand to her left temple. Noticing a small bit of blood leaking onto her ear you smirked, but it was quickly forced away by the fear gnawing at your brain like a starved dog.

A grin grew across her sick face and she bent down, grabbing a syringe off the floor and wiping the needle off on her lab coat. She pushed it into your neck causing you to inhale sharply through your nose.

Meeting her gaze you realized that Samantha knew something you didn't, maybe the source of the shaking from only a moment ago? Whatever it was it seemed that she'd excepted her fate in the matter, was it going to kill her? If so she seemed to have planned on taking you with her.

Your mind grew fuzzy and your eyelids heavy, but you forced them to stay open as she grabbed a dirty knife off of the floor. She pulled up the hospital gown you were in slightly then pressed the cold metal object to your already scared right thigh. Tears filled your gaze and you tried to thrash but everything felt heavy.

You wanted to sleep.

Samantha seemed content with what she'd carved into your leg, looking up to watch as your face slowly morphed from pain to a calm and somber expression as you fell into unconsciousness.