Maternity photoshoot

"FREDDIE, HONEY!" Elton called to Freddie across the library, secretly flipping the teacher off when he heard her hush him rather aggressively. "Freddiekins, the gang and I have a surprise for you."

"You call me Freddiekins ever again and I will prick you to death with sewing needles." Freddie slipped a bookmark in between the pages of the book he was reading, and hauled himself off the chair, giving a tiny groan when he felt his bladder shift. "And I don't care how important this surprise is, it can wait, because I really need to take a piss. Hold this." He thrust the book in Elton's arms and hurried to the bathrooms.  Elton just chuckled and busied himself by reading the back cover of the book.

"I don't know how you can read stuff like this." He commented when Freddie returned. Freddie rolled his eyes fondly and took the book off of Elton. "Leave me be, fusspot." The two boys laughed and linked arms, walking out of the library, towards wherever Elton was taking them.

"You know, that outfit you're wearing really shows off your bump." Elton smiled lovingly as he scanned over the white blouse and beige pants Freddie wore.

"Seriously?! Ugh, I was meaning to do the exact opposite." Freddie put a hand on his stomach.

"Why?! You look so beautiful, so maternal. Pregnant suits you babe, own it." Elton chuckled, and they walked on. Freddie spotted the rest of the gang in the middle of the field, by the tree where they usually sit at for break and lunch. They had a big background sheet hung up, and there was a camera on a tripod.

"What's going on?" Freddie asked once the gang was in earshot. They giggled among themselves but didn't reply to him. Annoying.

"Bubba, we wanted to do something special for you, because we know you've been worrying about your body image lately, with what's happened this year, so we're gonna do a budget maternity shoot for you! Joe's behind camera, and Liza and Roger sorted out props, and David and I chose the background! Do you like it?" All teenagers awaited Freddie's response.

"I...wow, uh, my goodness. That's really sweet of you guys, honestly that's so kind. I uh, I'll give posing a go, but I'm not very good at it." The teenagers chuckled. "Thank you guys, all I have to say is Joe, if you can make me look better than I feel, I'll pay you."

"I'm not accepting anything from you, bub, this is about you. We'll get some beautiful shots, I promise. So, do you wanna just sit or stand somewhere on the background for me?" And so the photo shoot commenced. Liza handed Freddie a flower crown, and he sat in the middle of the background, holding his bump.

Freddie posed multiple times; sitting by the big oak tree, laying on the floor, standing up and looking out into the distance, et cetera. At the end, they all clapped, but Freddie had a question to ask.

"If it's possible, could we do one where we're all in it? If not, that's completely okay, I would just like this memory forever." The emotionally-touched seniors sat down next to and knelt behind Freddie, the ones nearest to him touching his stomach gently. Freddie and Elton held hands, and Joe set a timer on the camera before sitting himself at the edge. They all smiled, and the camera flashed.

They all got up and scrolled through the photos on Joe's computer, where they were connected. As Freddie looked across them, he started to feel emotional. His hand didn't leave his bump, and he wiped his eye when a tear rolled down.

"They're all beautiful, Joe. Thank you so much, I'm so grateful to every one of you guys. I'm going to treasure these forever and ever." They got into a group hug, Freddie in the middle, and set off back to campus to find a free printer to print off copies of the photos. They printed off one copy of every photo but the group one, of which they printed nine copies.

Freddie carefully put them in his handbag, and  swore that he'd frame every single one. "Finally, lunch, I'm starving." Freddie said as the bell rang, and the seniors laughed at how quick it took Freddie to change topic.

"You must have a limit of words you have to reach each day, you never stop talking." The nine teens laughed and made their way to the outdoor cafeteria, looking forward to piling their plates high with creamy cheese pasta.