Confrontation

Requested by __Unk0wn__28
I hope you enjoy!
- Amy
XXX
————————————————————

"Hey, uh, Freddie, can I talk to you for a moment?" The Persian looked up from his sketchbook and met eyes with Jim Hutton. Freddie had the biggest crush on Jim, and two months ago the two of them got drunk at a party and ended up sleeping together. The consequences were...hard to explain.

Freddie found out he was pregnant with Jim's baby six weeks ago, and told one of his friends, begging them not to tell anybody. Big mistake. He should have known that friend was fake. They blabbed to everyone, and now pretty much the whole school knows he's pregnant.

He'd been terrified of bumping into Jim around campus since he found out. For Jim to want to talk to him now, Freddie immediately suspected that the news must have reached his ears.

"Fuck." Freddie thought. He pushed his sketchbook to the side and nodded slowly. Jim sat down opposite him on the long wooden bench, and they looked each other dead in the eye for a moment, but it felt like years. Jim cleared his throat and began to talk.

"There...have been some rumours...around the school, and I just wanted to determine whether they're true or not. So uh, I just need to know, um, is there any chance you're pregnant?"

Freddie sighed and squeezed his eyes closed. Shit. He didn't open his eyes, but he nodded. He heard Jim clear his throat, and the Irishman talked again.

"Is there...any chance it's mine?"

"You know it's yours, I told you when we had sex that I was a virgin. Look, it doesn't matter, because I'm happy, and I'm going to keep my baby no matter what you say." Freddie finally opened his eyes, and they were shining with tears.

"Oh god, Freddie I didn't mean to make you cry." Jim panicked, but Freddie shook his head.

"You didn't, I'm just stressed. I have so many assignments later in the year, and I'll be heavily pregnant by then so I might not complete them, and then I can't get my grades so I'll either retake class and look like a fool or I'll fail and won't get a job. I just...I really chose a shitty time to get pregnant." Freddie chuckled, but Jim saw through it.

He did look tired, and a trifle too pale. The drawing he did in his sketchbook looked rather depressing too. It was a figure of a person with a big storm cloud over the upper half of its head, and looked like a mix between a crazy afro and a coffee stain.

"I wasn't trying to tell you to give it up, I promise. I want to help, I want you to know that I'm here. I should've worn a condom, I'm sorry, I was absolutely hammered, I didn't think-"

"We were both drunk Jim, it's my fault as much as yours." Freddie said softly. "Truth be told, I've been avoiding you, because I thought you'd be disgusted. I told the wrong people, and now the whole school knows. They think I'm some sort of whore. Ugh, I just don't want to get out of bed in the mornings."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Would you like me to take you home, the bell's going to go off in a minute. Ideal that we had free period before the end of the day."

"I'd like that Jim, thank you." Freddie smiled. It was a tiny smile, barely visible, but it was a start to seeing bubbly, cheerful, energetic Freddie again. That's the Freddie that Jim fell in love with...

Freddie packed up his things, organising his pencils with such care into colour order, and neatly storing them in his bag. When the bell rang, the two boys set off for the front gate, towards Jim's car that was parked right near the front so they could get out of the grounds quickly.

"I hope you know I'm not just riding you home today, I want to do it as much as possible. You live far enough away as it is, and you're delicate right now, and it's my way of showing that I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, it's a wonderful thing actually." Freddie put a hand on his still flat stomach. Jim smiled and opened the car door for Freddie. He got in himself, and after doing up his seatbelt, drove off towards Freddie's house.

They arrived 12 minutes later, and Freddie said goodbye. He picked up his bag from the backseat and hugged Jim, a smile coming back onto his face little by little. He twisted his key in the lock, and waved him off as the Irishman sped off into the distance.