To hold my little girl

For __Unk0wn__28
As always, I hope you like it!
- Amy
XXX
——————————————————————

Jim was in the middle of class when his phone beeped. Luckily the teacher hadn't noticed the sound and was continuing to explain the industrial revolution. He slipped his phone out of his pocket and hid it behind his pencil case. The notification was a message from Freddie.

Freddie: Jim you better get your ass over here. Your child's making an early appearance.

Jim's eyes widened and he quickly texted Freddie back.

Jim: shit, where are you?
Freddie: in the bathrooms, my water just broke. I told the teacher I needed to go to the toilet but I was actually feeling pains. Bring a teacher with you if you can, pls.
Jim: sure baby, just hang on ok?
Freddie: I'll try.

Jim put his hand up, and the teacher addressed him. "Miss, may I please use the bathroom?" She nodded and said "you have two minutes."
Good luck with getting a baby out in two minutes then, Freddie. He quickly walked out of the door, and when he wasn't in eyeshot ran to reception and asked for help.

"My boyfriend is pregnant and he's in labour in the bathrooms. He texted me in the middle of class." The receptionist went pale, and made some hushed, hurried whispers into a phone, before jogging up the stairs after him into the bathrooms.

"Fred?" Jim called. A weak, shaky "in here" came from one of the stalls, and one door was softly pushed open by a single trembling hand. Freddie was curled up on the floor in a cold sweat. He grabbed at Jim, wanting a hand to hold. Jim took Freddie into his arms as the receptionist made some routine checks just to make sure nothing was wrong.

"It hurts..." Freddie whimpered, not able to talk properly through the pain. "I know baby, I know" Jim kissed the top of Freddie's head. The receptionist asked if he could walk, and Freddie didn't think he could.

"I can carry him." Jim said confidently. "No. No I'm too heavy." Freddie protested.
"Nonsense, you're light as a feather. Come on darling, up we get." He lifted Freddie up bridal style and they walked back to reception. There they had to wait for seven minutes before an ambulance came and parked outside the school gate. So that's what the phone call was about..

A few paramedics helped Freddie into the ambulance, and let Jim go inside with him after he explained that Freddie was his lover and that was his child.

"You're gonna be okay baby." Jim rubbed his thumb over Freddie's knuckles. The Persian, in so much pain, could only nod weakly. They made it to the hospital and the paramedics wheeled Freddie out on a portable bed. They assigned him a birthing room, and asked he wanted an epidural. He nodded yes, and they stuck a needle into his skin.

The pain started to fade, and eventually Freddie seemed like normal, only feeling pressure when he contracted. He was able to smile and laugh, and he talked to Jim while he went through dilation. Freddie's parents were contacted, and they showed up to his room a half-hour after he got there. Jer took excellent care of her son, and Bomi hovered protectively.

When Freddie was fully dilated, Jim was given the option to stay or leave the room. Jim knew the answer to that easily. "I'm staying." He announced and held Freddie's hand gently, kissing the Persian's knuckle. Freddie giggled and quietly thanked him.

"You ready babe?" Jim asked when Freddie's legs were put into stirrups. Freddie smiled at him.

"More than ready."

————————————————————————

"Here she is." The nurse held up a quivering, wailing baby in a pink blanket. Freddie perked up, and despite being tired, reached for her. She was planted on his bare chest, and he smiled down at her.

The baby stopped screaming as she heard Freddie's heartbeat, and she gazed up at him, eyes big, brown and innocent. He kissed her temple, and spoke to her. "Hello little one. I'm your daddy, baby. This is your papa." He eased her so he only needed to hold her with one hand, grabbing Jim's hand instead and guiding it to her head. Jim supported the back of her head while Freddie held her lower half with the crease of his elbow.

"Wow...hey bub. I'm papa." Jim whispered, tears gathering in his eyes. Freddie rested his head back on the pillows and smiled. Jim had never been so happy in his entire life.