Chapter 1: Philza

Your POV
You quickly made your way to your room, wishing you could slam the door shut, but knowing that would just get you in more trouble with your parents. They were mad about something dumb again, just like always. They wouldn't listen to your side of the story, and at this point, you didn't even care. The thing that hurt you the most was that they didn't support you in your dreams to be a YouTuber. You already had a channel with a good amount of subscribers. But your parents didn't understand why you were always making videos, and no matter how hard you tried to explain it to them, they just didn't get it.

Sighing in frustration, you turned on your computer, deciding to start editing your next video. You were about to open the editing application when you noticed a notification pop up from Discord.

"Hey y/n, how are you doing?" The message read. It was from Philza, a streamer you had met through your best friend, Tommy. Philza was like a parental figure to you. He had been there for you through really tough times, and you could talk to him about things that you would never speak to your parents about. It was good to have an adult who you could trust in your life, especially because your parents were the type who you had to hide most things from. Phil actually supported your dream of a YouTube career, and his support was a motivator for you to keep on going and not give up.

You thought about how to reply to his message. Honestly not that great... you typed out and hit send.

Want to talk and you can tell me what's wrong? Join vc Phil replied.

Okayyy  you wrote. You already felt a tiny bit better, at least it seemed like someone wanted to talk with you. That was the great thing about Phil, he would listen to you when no one else wanted to.

You entered the vc. Phil was already in.

"Hey y/n, what's wrong?" Phil immediately questioned you. He didn't even say hi.

"My parents are mad at me again. Same old, same old," you laughed dryly, "We've talked about this before on multiple occasions."

If anything, that was an understatement. You had discussed this with Phil many times. Which made sense, since he was the one adult in your life who you could actually trust. You could tell him about the things that were happening in your life, and he would offer real advice instead of just lecturing you.

"That sucks mate," Phil said. "You don't want to talk about it anymore, I suppose?

"Nah," you said. While you really did appreciate Phil's advice, you weren't in the mood for any deep conversations at the moment.

"That's ok, just know that I am here if you do need to talk, ok?" Phil said. You could hear the slight concern in his voice, and you felt bad for making him worry.

"Yes, thank you," you replied. You wanted to change the subject, but you didn't know what to bring up. It almost seemed like Phil read your mind because he did it himself.

"Oh, tomorrow you're filming a vlog with Tommy right? That should be fun," Phil said, probably trying to cheer you up by changing the topic to something positive. Little did he know, he had just mentioned something that was making you super anxious...

"Oh yeah, we're going canoeing down a river! This video's going to go on his vlog channel," you tried to sound like you weren't worried at all. The reason you were nervous for tomorrow was the one thing that you hadn't ever shared with Phil.

You and Tommy were best friends, and had met up a few times now. The thing was, you had a bit of a crush on him. Well, it wasn't even a bit anymore. You had a HUGE crush on Tommy. You had no idea what to do with these feelings towards him, and you hardly even knew what these feelings meant. This was the only problem in your life that you did not ask Phil for advice on. You thought it would be too awkward, especially since you knew Phil would freak out if you told him you liked someone. Furthermore, you knew that Tommy and Phil were also had a close relationship, like the one between you and Phil. That was great, but you figured it would make things even weirder if you did tell Phil. So instead, you just kept this to yourself.

"How long is it gonna take you?" Phil asked, oblivious to the panicky thoughts swirling around in your head.

"Um, Tommy said the actual part of the day that we film might take around two and a half hours, but I think we're gonna hang out afterwards too," you replied.

"Cool. Alright y/n, you need to go sleep," Phil said, just like a true dad. You heard him yawning. "You do have a big day tomorrow!"

"You sure you aren't just projecting?" you questioned him. After all, he was the one yawning.

"F*ck off," Phil laughed. "Seriously, go to bed. You'll have to tell me about whatever mischief Tommy gets himself into tomorrow, and make sure to try and keep the little sh*t under control. Goodnight."

"Goodnight," you said, and left the vc. It was getting late, so you turned off your computer and got ready for bed. You decided to take Phil's advice. The last thing you needed was to be tired tomorrow.

Unfortunately, even though you were trying to fall asleep you just couldn't. While on one hand you were super excited to spend the day with Tommy, you were also extremely nervous. The growing feelings you had towards him made you uneasy, because you didn't think that Tommy liked you back. And you didn't want to ruin things with your best friend.

Tossing and turning, you finally fell into a restless sleep after overthinking for what felt like hours and hours.