Chapter 6: Mod Video

Philza's POV (the next morning)

Phil smiled. Today was the day. He had everything planned out, and he was sure that both y/n and Tommy didn't suspect a thing. He went about his day as normal, the only difference was the excitement he felt for what was going to happen in the afternoon. Around 1:50 pm, he opened up Discord on his PC and entered "vc 69", which Tommy had told him to join for to record the video. Philza sighed at the name, but then again, he wasn't surprised.

He unmuted his mic and turned up the volume on his headphones. He was happy to hear that y/n and Tommy were already talking to each other.

"Tommy, did you really feel the need to name this 'vc 69'?" y/n said, sounding like she was rolling her eyes but also like she was trying to suppress her laughter.

"Yep!" Tommy said proudly. "Oh, Phil's here! Hey   b!tch!"

"Hi Phil!" y/n said quickly, trying to cover up Tommy's derogatory but customary greeting. "How are you today?"

"Hey big man, hey y/n. I'm doing well," Phil replied, ignoring the rude words Tommy had spoken to him.

"Can you both turn on your face cams? I'm going to start recording for the video," Tommy said, turning his face cam on and opening up the OBS software. Tommy wasn't going to stream this challenge, he was just recording it to put on his main YouTube channel.

Y/n turned her camera on and Phil did too. He noticed Tommy staring at y/n for a long moment, but she didn't seem to notice. Tommy announced that he was starting the recording and everyone joined the Minecraft world that he had sent in the Discord chat.

"In this video, we have to beat Minecraft, while solving the scavenger hunt in time! If we don't find the next clue in time and assemble the secret message together in The End, we die! With the help of my best friend, I am going to try and beat the game while solving this scavenger hunt, but the only catch is that it was designed by Philza!" Tommy said his intro so loudly he was practically yelling.

As Tommy went into his speech about how only a small percentage of his viewers are actually subscribed, Phil saw that y/n was looking at Tommy the way Tommy had been looking at her before. Phil smiled as he thought about what was about to happen. He had triple checked to make sure everything would turn out according to his plan.

"Alright mates, I'm kind of the moderator, I can help you with all the usual things to beat the game, but not the scavenger hunt part since I made that myself," Phil told the two teens. "Your clues won't make sense until you bring them all together in The End. For the first clue, I'll tell you the coordinates," he kept explaining how the scavenger hunt would work. It was time to start.

Your POV

You pressed the space bar on your keyboard as your character jumped up and down next to Tommy's in the plains biome where you had spawned. He made his character jump up and down next to yours.

Numbers appeared in the chat once Phil sent the coordinates where the first clues were. You made your way to the coordinates that were listed for your first clue until you found yourself in a forest biome. There was a chest right at the spot of the coordinates. Opening the chest, you found a book inside that said:

"Clue #2: Y/n
'both'
You have 5 minutes to find your next clue,
somewhere near flowers at y-coordinate 11"

Right after you opened the book, a timer popped up on your screen that began counting down from 5 minutes. If you didn't find the next clue in time, you would die and the game would be over. That's where the extra challenge came in.