Chapter 5: Can't Sleep?

Your POV

You tried to find a comfortable position to fall asleep in for what felt like the 100th time, but it just was not working. No matter what you did, you just couldn't manage to fall asleep. After lying awake in the darkness for a good 45 minutes, your brain still wouldn't let you stop thinking about Tommy and replaying everything that had happened while you were canoeing together. It felt silly, especially since you were pretty sure Tommy only viewed you as a friend, but that didn't stop you from thinking about it. Most prominent were all the happy memories you had gained today, but in the back of your head you were worried and sad. Now that you had just met up with him, you probably wouldn't see Tommy in person for awhile. And yet you wished you could see him again as soon as possible. Even worse, the feelings you had for him were probably not how he felt too, so seeing him again wouldn't solve anything.  

Was he trying to flirt with me, or just being friendly? you wondered. You tried to take Philza's advice to heart, but it wasn't working. Sighing, you picked up your phone to try and distract yourself with something, even though you knew the screen wouldn't help right before you wanted to sleep. Your first thought was to watch a video, but when you unlocked your phone you noticed that you had messages from both Philza and Tommy. Of course, you went straight to Tommy's first, even though he had only sent it 2 minutes ago (sorry Dadza....)

Tommy: hey y/n! today was so much fun, i was wondering if tomorrow you wanted to film a minecraft mod video together with me and Phil for my channel. we could do it around 2pm? also ik you might be asleep already, so if you don't see this until tomorrow that's ok too! just let me know :)

You smiled to yourself, realizing that in a sense your wish had been granted. And you were excited that Tommy wanted you to be in another of his videos. At least you would be able to "see" him then. There was no decision to be made, of course you were going to say yes. Recording any kind of video with Tommy was always fun.

With no hesitation, you quickly typed out a reply:
i would love to be in the video! see you at 2pm. i'm going to bed now so goodnight!

You hit send and then opened the other message from Phil.

Dadza: Y/n, you better be asleep but I wanted to tell you if you decide to do the video with me and Tommy tomorrow, I have a plan for helping you tell if he likes you back!

Wait...what?

You were shocked as you felt your face heat up in embarrassment. For a moment you thought you read his message wrong, but you checked it 10 times and it still said the same thing. How did Phil know that you liked Tommy? Was your crush really that obvious? You were surprised and also worried that Phil somehow found out who it was only a few hours after you mentioned it to him. But you decided there was no reason to try and hide it from him anymore since he already knew. Still, it was kind of embarrassing...

how did you know i like Tommy??? you sent back.

It was pretty obvious to me, but don't be embarrassed! I can just tell with these things, I mean I am Dadza. Why the f^ck  are you still awake? Phil replied super quickly.

i couldn't sleep, more importantly what's your plan?  you were curious about to what Phil was up to. And a little anxious too...his plans were always well intentioned but they didn't always work out. Like that time he had tried to help you build your own PC...

Dadza: It's nothing crazy, I'll just observe how Tommy acts and treats you, so I can see if it seems like he likes you as well. Now go to bed.

After reading the message, you were relieved, and also a little excited. That plan seemed like it might work. And it didn't risk Phil telling Tommy that you had a crush on him.

ok, good idea. goodnight Dadza you sent back.

Night y/n, like I said, go to bed you little sh!t  he replied.

You were about to put your phone down when you noticed another notification pop up. Tommy had just replied to your message, and butterflies filled your stomach.

pog, see you at 2pm. goodnight and sleep well <3 he had written.

Putting down your phone and turning off the light, you were finally able to fall asleep this time and you did so with a smile on your face. Maybe, just maybe, you did have a chance after all...