Chapter 11

My eye lids start to become irritated when I felt something wants to lift it, waking me up. I snuggle deeper into the comforter to escape the rays of sun from the window. Who the hell opened the curtains?!

My eyes were so heavy from crying kaninang madaling araw. The heck I remembered it again. Mas lalo kong tinabunan ang sarili ko ng comforter when the thought of me being selfless popped out of my mind.

"FINE! Babangon na nga ako eh!" Padabog kong itinabi ang comforter na binalot ko sa sarili ko dahil sa pagaka-irita sa sinag ng araw. Inihilamos ko ang palad ko sa mukha ko para kalmahin ang sarili ko. Halos hindi ako nakatulog sa pag-iisip ng mga nangyari kagabi. Hindi ko talaga alam kung paano niya—

"Tama na Dari!" Saway ko sa sarili ko bago pa man maging malikot ang utak ko sa pagiisip tungkol sa nangyari kagabi. I should've gone to my condo last night. Dapat hindi na ako nag check-in dito. I shouln't be here in the first place. 

Ramdam ko ang kung paano natuyo ang mga mata ko sa kakaiyak kagaabi. It is just as heavy as can be. It is so hard to keep my eyes open and smile. Tss. Smile. The word repeated in my mind. When did you ever learned how to smile Dari?

Napasalumbaba na lamang ako habang patuloy na nakatitig sa kisame ng kwarto. The lights from the room seem to scare my eyes that I laid down again and covered myself with the comforter. I just want to sleep. I badly want to sleep. 

I timidly reached for my phone on the countertop to check the time. Nakadapa pa ako noon kaya natagalan pa akong kunin ang cellphone ko na ang lapit-lapit lang naman abutin. I turned my phone on and lazily checked the time. My eyes widened. 

"SHIT!" I freaked out when I saw the time. It was hell 10am. 10am and the meeting I should attend starts at 8am sharp today!

I didn't hesitate to look back at my phone to re-check the time or eve slap my face if I was dreaming. It was hell clear. The CEO is late. I hurriedly grabbed a towel and went to the bathroom to at least look nice and presentable. Nagbuhos ng tatlong beses, nagshampoo ako in less than 3 minutes, rubbing the soap throughout my body maybe took me 2 minutes, and finally, walking out of the bathroom took me 4 minutes. 

Pagkalaabas ko sa Bbathroom ay agad kong tinungo ang closet and opened it nonetheless. My jaw dropped at the scene I saw. It was empty. Fuck! Minamalas ka nga naman oo! Hotel nga pala ito so I don't have my clothes here! Shit. Paano ito?!

I am left with no choice but dressing up my clothes yesterday and doing a real quick shopping at the mall for clothes. Matatagalan ako kapag umuwi pa ako sa condo at magpalit. The mall is nearer than a thirty-minute drive to my condo. I've got to catch up with the meeting. 

____________

The moment I stepped into the mall, I began to look for the nearest mall. I kept on calling Sonia to give me some updates from the meeting but she hasn't answered any yet. Sa sobrang frustration ko, halos maisumpa ko na ang cellphone ko. I spotted Victoria's Secret nearby the hall and so I got in and bought myself clothing.

Gustuhin ko mang magtagal at mamili pa, pero wala nang oras. I am beyond late. It was almost 11 when I got out of the mall wearing a black pencil skirt topped with a white sleeveless blouse decorated with ruffles in front. I tucked it in my skirt and held its matching black blazer in my arms while holding my Gucci black bag on the other hand.