[019]

[chapter 19]

---

dream's ringtone echoed throughout the entire apartment, stirring sapnap from some of the best sleep he's had in months. sapnap sat up from his spot on the couch, catching a glimpse of himself in the windows, seeing the stars winking at him in the sky.

the sound stopped for a minute before going off again, and nick actually stood up this time. he shuffled over to grab his phone off the counter and answered clay's call.

"hey," sapnap said, stifling a yawn with the back of his hand. he remembered his agreement to play minecraft with dream and george earlier, and excitement coursed through him at the thought. the trio hadn't done anything in so long, what with george moving back to london for some time and nick's new events with punz.

"HI!!!" dream yelled. sapnap winced and held the phone away from his ear a little.

"can you not yell? i just woke up."

"oh, shit, sorry. anyways, i'm almost ready to start my stream. go turn on your shit!"

sapnap grumbled something unkind but walked into his room and plopped into his chair in front of his desk. he reached and turned on his pc, then monitors. before nick had taken up music, he streamed (just for fun) with dream and george. while the other two made careers out of it, nick wanted to make music and not play a stupid block game for the rest of his life. so, he taught himself guitar with some help from wilbur, and, since he'd always had a decent voice, made some covers and posted them. eventually, we got popular and here he is.

"i'll join the vc when i'm ready, bye." sapnap took his phone away from his ear and tapped the red "hang up" button.

a few minutes later, when minecraft was loaded up and ready, sapnap clicked the voice chat george and dream were already in.

"has he started stream yet?" sapnap asked, adjusting his headphones over his messy hair. he hadn't combed it down since he woke up, so it was almost a challenge to get his headphones on.

"nope! we were waiting for you!" george replied. sapnap watched dream go on deafen and mute, leaving him and george alone while dream greeted his chat.

"are you streaming, george?"

"nah. i think we should let dream be the only one since he hasn't in a while." sapnap could hear george's keyboard as he typed.

"probably a good idea," sapnap said as he joined the server they were supposed to be playing on. george and dream were already in, george running around but dream was standing still.

"HEL— no fundy i'm streaming i can't," dream's voice quieted until sapnap heard his headphones be set on his keyboard and george's laughter.

"not even like two minutes into starting the stream and he's already gone," george cackled. sapnap let a small chuckle past his lips but other than that he was silent. george must've noticed, because once his giggles were gone, he was typing furiously and a minute later a messaged popped up on sapnap's discord.

georgenotfound
are you ok ):<
istg if you're still thinking about punz right now try to stop and be happy for dream's stream
please?

sapnap let out a sigh before typing his response.

sapnap
yes yes i know
i'm doing my best but i'll try to do better?

george didn't reply.

"sorry guys," dream laughed nervously, "had to take care of something. anyway!"

"was fundy that something?" sapnap cut in, grinning. george barked out another laugh while dream just denied it quickly.

"no! shut up! so, anyway," dream sighed.

"let george stop laughing first," sapnap said. he was laughing now too, thoughts of luke floating away for the time being.

"are you done yet?" clay asked.

"yes, yes, continue?"

"finally, now..."

punz's smile was small as he watched the stream, listening to the group of friends joke together. he was bundled up in some blankets originally going to his room, laying on his stomach on the couch. most nights he ended up sleeping at sapnap's, but today he decided to give sapnap and himself a break from unpacking, so they were doing it tomorrow... maybe.

he was glad nobody was asking about his and sap's collab in dream's chat, because it had been kind of hectic on instagram and now it was spreading to twitter. punz wasn't very active on twitter, but he knew sapnap was, and one thing always traveled from one platform to another and another and so on. soon it would be on sapnap's friends' twitch streams, and because fans were so curious, punz was worried that fans would bother other people, not even just him or sapnap.

plus, luke was still "new" to being an artist. and an artist that just moved, no less. the news had been out for barely a day and it was all over instagram now. he wasn't sure he could even handle the fame if it ever came to being as big as dream or george, or even sapnap.

the thoughts were fading, though, and so were punz's worries, as he let himself get lost in watching dream's stream. he found himself dozing off and set his phone off to the side so he could rest his head on his arms, closing his eyes fully. the last thing he heard before sleep pulled him away was sapnap's laugh at one of george's jokes.

🐚 | sheet music, sapunzजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें