[032]

[chapter 32]

---

even minutes after punz was gone, sapnap sat there in the hallway, frozen. paws eventually padded over and burrowed into sapnap's lap, meowing up at him.

"sap? you look like you've seen a ghost," a sleepy voice muttered from the couch. sapnap looked over to see niki peeking over the couch. "where's punz?"

"he... had to go," sapnap said softly. he looked down at paws and picked up the fluffy cat, still reveling in what had happened.

"you okay?"

sapnap glanced up again, nodding. "i'm gonna go to bed. goodnight, niki." he slipped into his bedroom without waiting for niki's response. paws squeezed in a few minutes later, jumping onto the bed next to sapnap.

"what the hell just happened, paws?" sapnap asked the cat. paws didn't say anything (he was a cat; he couldn't). sapnap sighed loudly, flopping back onto the pillows that still had the scent of punz's shampoo on them from all their sleepovers.

"is everything fucked up now?"

sapnap sat up again and rubbed his face.

"y'know, paws, i guess i wanted this but i never thought about what would happen after."

after a few seconds of silence, sapnap smiled. "you're a great listener, paws."

"he's a cat, stupid," minx yawned as she opened the door. niki wasn't with her.

"did i wake you?" sapnap frowned. minx shook her head and sat down on the mattress across from sapnap.

"so, from what i gathered listening to you talk to your cat, you made a mistake?"

sapnap shook his head. "well, not really. punz kinda kissed me and then he ran away and i didn't stop him because i was frozen in place. i mean, it's not every day your crush decides to kiss you, is it?" he asked in one breath. minx stared at him.

"so... he kissed you... and you didn't do anything? and he just left?" minx said slowly, processing the words sapnap had just said. "you haven't even texted him or anything?"

"it never occured to me," sapnap murmured sheepishly, flushing red. minx rolled her eyes and picked up sapnap's phone for him, tossing it to him. the raven fumbled for it before he actually caught it.

"text him," minx ordered.

notifications ( 0 )
PUNZ

sapnap
can we talk
wait that sounded like i was mad
i'm not mad i swear i just wanna talk

PUNZ
people who say they are mad say that
if you don't wanna do the collab anymore it's ok i understand

sapnap
i never said that
can we talk over food tomorrow?
i feel like i'll say something i'll regret if i don't sleep soon

PUNZ
yeah sure
the cafe we went out to a few weeks ago at like nine??/

sapnap
perfect
see you then