[026]

sorry the chapters are so short now lol
i promise they're going to be longer when it isn't in texting form, i just haven't gotten around to it yet

[chapter 26]

---

"you're such a simp, y'know that, right?" sapnap sighed, sitting up. most of a yawn managed to slip out of his mouth before he clamped it shut.

punz snorted. "am not."

"did you or did you not just call me pretty?" sapnap grinned, enjoying the way red danced over punz's face, practically glowing in the dying sun.

"i'm not lying," punz muttered, covering his face with the crook of one arm. he was still laying on his back on the grass, the green outlining him, blades of grass smushed under his body.

sapnap didn't reply, instead too busy finishing a flower crown he'd started. when done, he pulled punz up and planted the crown on punz's head.

"same as mine," sapnap murmured when punz opened his mouth to ask. the blond nodded, careful of the flowers lining his head, laying down again.

sapnap had just laid down as well when punz mumbled, "when do you wanna leave?"

"whenever is fine."

"now? it's a long walk." punz rolled over to face sapnap, who nodded, and they both stood.

leaves crunched and twigs snapped under foot as they walked the path together. as they stepped onto the sidewalk, sapnap reached over and subtly laced their fingers together.

"'s dark," was his excuse, pink-faced and avoiding punz's eyes. punz only smiled and squeezed his hand, swinging it back and forth all the way to the apartment.

"you can stay tonight," punz offered, knowing full well sapnap wasn't leaving now that he was inside punz's apartment.

"i appreciate the offer," sapnap chuckled, shrugging off his jacket. punz rolled his eyes, falling back onto the couch. sapnap quickly followed, curling up on the other side, but not before snatching a blanket from punz's bedroom.

punz switched the tv on. the first channel was a movie that sapnap claimed he'd seen a million times. they watched it anyway, with sapnap quoting every character, and punz laughing at the horrible impressions sapnap did.

both their phones lit up the dark living room well after the movie ended and another started, but neither boy moved to check it. sapnap ended up with his head in punz's lap, somehow, and by the time they both fell asleep, limbs were tangled together and they were sharing the blanket.