[024]

[chapter 24]

---

the outlet mall they went to was busier than preferred, but punz had a backup plan. they'd eat, shop a bit if they wanted, then maybe go to the beach or a field sapnap had found a few years ago.

"cottagecore date?" niki had giggled when sapnap told her about it. she laughed louder at his bright red blush as well, and again when he shoved her out of his bedroom.

"no! it's just a hangout!" sapnap had insisted, but his cheeks were hot.

it took them fifteen minutes to find a restaurant they both liked, and another fifteen minutes after they ate to decide who would pay. they ended up splitting the bill (punz switched sapnap's money out for his, so in the end punz was the one who actually paid for the meal).

the walk to the forest was anything but peaceful, but once they were in the forest, it was quiet. there was a small path that strayed from the sidewalk into the trees leading to the flower field sapnap suggested, the one they went to with niki and minx.

"finally! that was such a long walk," sapnap complained, falling onto the grass with a groan. punz snorted, sitting down beside the raven.

"wait," sapnap gasped, "can we make flower crowns?"

"sure," punz laughed. sapnap rolled to his knees and began picking the flowers around them, gathering them into one hand. in five minutes, sapnap had a mini bouquet, and was sitting next to punz again. sapnap sorted them by colour in piles in front of them.

sapnap grinned widely, picking up an assortment of flowers again. "let's make a crown for each other."

"don't make mine ugly," punz said with a teasing smile. sapnap kicked him gently, but he was still grinning.