[021]

thanks for 2k ! <3

[chapter 21]

---

sapnap frowned as he looked up from his phone. punz was in the recording booth while sapnap was supposed to be figuring out the correct tuning for his guitar. he was almost there, and he would be finished already but his heart wasn't into it anymore.

"punz?" he muttered, carefully picking up the instrument and setting it onto the couch next to him.

"mhm?" the blond poked his head out around the walls of the recording booth. his eyes were looking at something inside the booth, not actually on nick.

the clasps on sapnap's guitar case clicked as he closed them. "can we take a break or something?"

"yeah, sure. what's up?" punz asked as he set his headphones to sit around his neck. sapnap only shrugged. "you okay?"

"just tired," sapnap answered, fiddling with his hoodie sleeves. "wanna just go back to my place and call it a night?"

"we finished unpacking my place, remember? i can just stay here tonight and we can meet up tomorrow."

sapnap deflated a bit. "right. well, then i guess i'll just go back. see you tomorrow, punz ." he gave the blond a small smile, picking up his guitar case and waving to him as he left.

the walk back was silent and uncomfortable by himself. sapnap was already so used to having punz walk back with him, laughing at some stupid thing one of them said, that sapnap actually considered going back just to drag punz along with him. but he couldn't do that; punz would think he was weird, then they wouldn't be friends anymore, and this would all have been a waste of time.

the rest of the night was a blur, and before he knew it, sapnap was staring at the brightness of his phone in a pitch black room. the practically see-through curtains were replaced with their old cloth ones again, drawn to block out the moonlight.

notifications ( 0 )
dream

sapnap
i have a problem

dream is online!

dream
what happened?

sapnap
so i
think i like punz
but we've known each other for like a month and i don't like what i'm feeling

dream
ok nick i know you want answers like right now but maybe just take some time to think
tell him you don't feel good tomorrow and just hang out
whatever happens happens ok?
you're overthinking

sapnap
thanks dream
what would i have done without you??

dream
you would've moved away and became a completely different person
talk to george later too he might have better advice

sapnap
"better advice" he'd tell me to sleep it off

dream
you never know

sapnap
gn dream

dream
goodnight

dream is offline!

sapnap is offline!