[034]

[chapter 34]

---

now that sapnap didn't have to hide his feelings anymore, it felt like his life was ten times easier. he got to see punz blush while they worked on songs, and hold him at night, and take him out on dates. their songs were almost forgotten for a week after they started dating.

it was sunny out. there were just enough clouds that it was comfortable and bright enough for them to work in natural light. surprisingly, they'd finished one and a half songs just that day to make up for the week they'd lost.

"my fingers hurt," sapnap whined. punz looked up from his notebook, a tiny smile spreading on his face.

"that's your own fault. you're the one who has to use his spare, tiny-ass guitar pick because he lost his normal one." punz leaned over to kiss sapnap's cheek.

"oh, whatever. it's somewhere in my room," sapnap grumbled. he set his guitar down and shook out his hands, picking up his phone.

"can we go outside or something?"

"after this song," punz answered without even looking up again. sapnap groaned, placing his guitar in its case and stretching his body out on the couch. he nudged the papers out of the way to place his head in punz's lap, watching the blond maneuver the notebook to the armrest.

paws leaped up onto the couch. he burrowed into the space between sapnap's legs and the back of the couch.

after a few minutes of sapnap suffering in silence, punz finally reached to put the notebook on the coffee table. sapnap sat up, beginning to smile until punz picked up his phone.

"really? not even gonna..." he trailed off when quiet music began to flow through the room. punz pulled him off the couch, startling paws, and onto the hardwood floors.

"i didn't know you liked dancing," sapnap said thoughtfully.

punz rolled his eyes. "there's lots you don't know about me."

"oh yeah?" sapnap raised an eyebrow, lips turning up into a smile. punz returned the smile before leaning in to kiss him slowly, still swaying to the music. paws brushed by their feet, circling them and purring so quietly they could barely hear him.

as sapnap rested his head on punz's shoulder, the blond started to hum the tune of the song under his breath.