Chapter Two

Beth was a loud character. When Laurie first met her when Allyson introduced the family to her she straight away thought of Annie Brackett, Laurie's long lost friend to Halloween 1978. She had the same attitude and expressive attitude that Annie carried with her. Laurie didn't dare admit to Karen but she admired that attitude, she didn't care what others thought and that's just how Annie was back in 1978. She even dressed similar to Annie, often had high waisted flared jeans with rips along the knee line and a tucked in shortsleeved red button up. She also refused to wear a bra, Laurie noticed that when she first met her.

Allyson and Cameron came down into the living room after they had finished getting ready for school. They looked at Laurie who smiled at them, she walked over and gave them both a kiss on the cheek. Well, Allyson got a kiss, Cameron got a supportive hug. After Cameron lost his dad on the Halloween night massacre he often stayed with Allyson, but was living with his aunty in Russellville. Not to far from Haddonfield. She told them to have a good day then walked them to the door and watched them as they walked down the front path and up to the four door blue sedan that had pulled up along the curb. Beth gave her a friendly wave and Laurie returned it.

"Hi Ms. Strode!" Beth called from the car as Allyson opened the passenger side door.

"Hi Beth. How's everyone?" Laurie asked, Karen came up behind her and looked out as her daughter climbed into the car.

"Oh, you know. Same as always" she replied with a giggle.

Laurie still smiled and asked Karen without being obvious, "do you know what that means?"

Karen giggled. "No idea".

The two women watched the car pull away from the curb and drive off down the street. Laurie turned and went back inside then closed the door and looked at her daughter who crossed her arms over her chest and sighed. "Are you okay?" Laurie nodded and walked into the kitchen again. She leant up against the counter and sighed and looked at Karen who followed her in. "You can talk to me, you know that".

"I do, Karen. And I'm okay. Still getting there".

"You've come a long way, mom" she said back to her mother. "It's hard. I know. I don't get to say this much but I'm sorry I didn't believe in you then, if I did maybe- maybe Ray would be here now, you know?" Laurie looked at her with an understanding look. Of course she knew that, but she wouldn't dare say it to her still grieving daughter.

Allyson, Cameron and Beth drove along slowly. Music was blasting from the speakers of the car and the two lovers hadn't noticed the street they had turned on until they saw the house in the distance as they drove. Cameron froze and Allyson noticed and reached over her seat and squeezed his hand. They often avoided going down Lampkin Lane and past the Myers house, but today Beth had forgotten and was now driving them straight past.

The property had been purchased by an older couple and then rebuilt and restored to the way it was in the 1960's, but just modernised. It had been completed for a few weeks now and the couple were living in despite the constant stares from the locals who claimed it was haunted. Allyson was surprised on how quickly they managed to rebuild. Just in time for Halloween. Cameron looked away and closed his eyes, his father had been murdered in that house. As was Lindsey Wallace.

Beth noticed.

"Oh, my god. Cameron I'm so sorry. I didn't even think!" She went on.

He shook his head from side to side. "No, it's okay. Can we please just go?"
She sped off quickly and Cameron glanced back once more at the house as they drove out of sight. He turned back and looked at Allyson and smiled softly then looked down at his phone as he tried to distract himself, completely unaware that in the yard three houses down the owners were coming outside to see a slaughtered dog opened up on their front lawn. It had been gutted, all insides now on the out and sprawled out across the front yard.. It's front and back legs had been broken and snapped into different positions and it's jaw was torn open and all teeth had been removed. Beth had noticed but didn't say anything to the pair, not with Halloween closing in on them.

They arrived at the school without an issue. They climbed from the car and waited for Beth, she grabbed her bag from the passenger side floor and then climbed out and closed the door and locked it. In that moment two arms wrapped around her waist and lifted her, she squealed and Allyson jumped from the sudden sound. Paul stood behind Beth holding her up, she laughed and he kissed her neck.

"Oh, Paul!"

He giggled. "Hi!"

"You jerk, you scared me to death!"

He laughed and then looked at the others. "Morning Cameron, Allyson".

Allyson gave him a sly smile and wave then grabbed Cameron's hand and they walked into the school. The students had been kind to them so far, nobody tormented them about what they went through. Only issue was Bradley O'Neal from their grade. He had always had an issue and since they had survived the wrath of the Boogeyman he found it funny to put them right back there by wearing a similar Shape mask. And today was no different. Screams came from down the hallway and the two looked up as the crowd separated. Bradley came running down screaming and laughing while wearing a 1978 Shape mask. Allyson backed up and closed her eyes from annoyance, but Cameron reached out and grabbed him and shoved him down and began punching him in the face over and over again while crying out the words that were half sheltered from his sobbing.

"Fuck. You!" Thud. "Fuck. You!" Thud. "FUCK. YOU!"

Allyson covered her mouth in shock and then extended her arm out and grabbed Cameron, but he shoved her arm off and continued wailing into Bradley. The mask remained on his face and Cameron used it as fuel to go on. She cried out for him to stop and he turned his head and looked at Allyson, his teeth were gritted together and his eyes were wide. Small specs of blood were trailing up his left cheek. He then looked down at Brad and stepped away, turned and took off leaving Allyson there with a stunned expression on her face.