Chapter Six

Laurie sat Cameron down and spoke with him about the murder, and he explained over and over that he had nothing to do with his murder and that he would never jeopardise his future like that. He had every intention of getting away from Haddonfield with Allyson and they only had a few months left before college. After Sheriff Brackett came over and spoke with Cameron, Laurie figured out how to go over the footage of that night.

She pressed play. The footage showed the house in the distance - it was fully engulfed in flames, the roof was collapsing in when she saw the crowd of fire fighters standing on the front lawn. Some went in but never came out. She zoomed in and that's when she let out a cry when she saw The Shape stepping out of the burning house, an explosion erupted behind him and revealed his presence to those who stood on the lawn. He stepped down and Laurie turned away when she saw the halligan tool get inserted into the first firefighter. She imagined their fear as they tried to escape from him, but he caught up with them and removed them one by one. She looked back, he was dragging them inside the house by one to cover his tracks.

Karen heard the cry from Laurie and came running into the room, she stopped at the door and saw her mother slamming the laptop shut. She turned to her daughter with tears streaming down her cheeks. Laurie tried to speak but couldn't, Karen walked towards her and hugged her tightly and asked what was wrong but when Laurie spoke Karen went stiff.

"Michael's alive! He didn't die in that fire!"

"Mom, we've been over this"

"No. I've seen the footage! He's alive!" Laurie cried out loudly. "He's alive, and in Haddonfield".

Karen's eyes widened and then she opened the laptop and looked at the footage. Laurie hadn't watched this part either. He was walking across the yard towards the tree line in the distance. The power on the large spotlights was cut and the yard faded away into darkness, the glow from the fire being the only thing that provided light. Michael stopped and lifted his head and looked up into the camera then tilted his head to the side then vanished as the footage began to fade away. Karen closed it slowly and turned back to Laurie.

"Okay. Okay, what do we do?"

Laurie knew what she had to do and that now was the time to reveal what she had hidden away in the basement. She grabbed Karen's hand and lead her downstairs into the basement, Karen hugged herself due to the change in temperature in the lower section of the house. She turned the light on and opened up a box that she pulled out from behind several others. Karen's eyes widened when she saw the weapons. Laurie reached in and grabbed the revolver and searched for the bullets.

Karen spoke up, "mom, I thought you were getting better?"

Laurie loaded the bullets into the revolver and then looked at Karen. "I was, but I was never going to be unprepared again", she handed the weapon to Karen and then went back into the box and pulled out the shotgun. She grabbed the fore-end and cocked it back and then looked down the sight. "I spent forty years preparing for him. I will kill him".

"We need help" Karen spoke.

"I'll make the calls. Get Allyson and Cameron to stay here tomorrow night. We can't have them out on the streets. He'll be coming for me" instructed Laurie, Karen nodded and then went upstairs and Laurie stayed in the basement. "And Karen, I love you".

Karen smiled from the top of the stairs. "I love you to mom".

Laurie put the weapon down and pulled her phone out. She dialled the first number and waited for them to answer and when they did she sighed and told them the news. Michael Myers is still alive. She made several calls and then called Leigh, who broke down on the other end of the line. She was going to kill Michael once and for all. No matter what.