Chapter Three

Allyson sat in English class with her head held down, she was in the far back left hand corner like she always was. She kept quiet and hardly spoke unless someone addressed her but she was thankful now that nobody really did, they left her alone. She looked up from her book and tried to focus on the teacher who stood at the front of the class writing down small example texts on the white board. Allyson sighed, god she was bored. She looked out her window and saw Bradley walking across the road to the football field, he climbed the fence and went hurrying off towards the tree line. In his hand he held the Shape mask. She turned back to the teacher and frowned and tried to concentrate once more, but turned back and looked back out into the field but he was now no longer anywhere in sight. He was fast, Allyson thought.

Allyson was still annoyed at Cameron for what he done when they first arrived at school. He could have been expelled if he had been caught beating on Bradley O'Neal like that. He was very lucky, he needed to keep his grades and attendance at the peak if he wanted to make it to college and get the hell away from Haddonfield. She looked up at the teacher then quickly pulled her phone out and sent him a message, but he didn't reply. At least not for a while.

Bradley swore to himself that he was going to get Cameron for what he done. He had cleaned himself up at the nurses office, he had a black eye though and his face was swollen. He looked ridiculous. He went into the tree line and walked down into the forest and took a seat near the large open drainage tunnel that had a small stream of water flowing out of it, he groaned and hissed in pain as he tried to get comfortable. He'd give Cameron one thing, he knew how to fight. Guess going up against Michael Myers would do that to you.
Bradley looked over his shoulder when he thought he caught something moving in the corner of his eye. When he calmed himself down he shrugged and turned back but gasped before a thick tree branch struck him in the jaw which knocked him back.

Bradley let out a stiff cry of pain as he struck the ground. The intense pain that was shooting across his face nearly made him blackout. His eyes fluttered as he looked around to see who was his attacker, he looked over at the dark blue coveralls but didn't get a chance to see their face as he was struck again with it in the back. He cried out in agony and his back curled and his muscles stiffened. His eyes were wide and his teeth were gritted as blood oozed out from between his now stained red teeth. He was struck again.

Whack. Whack. Whack.

He was crying out in pain now, he couldn't get the volume out to call someone down for help. He tried dragging himself away but was struck once more. His eyes darted around from landmark to landmark as he took in his surroundings so that when he finally got free he'd know where to bring the police. He rolled onto his back and looked up, the sun was blinding his vision but when he turned his head to the side he caught a glimpse of who he believed was his attacker, his voice finally got the volume it needed when he began screaming.

Whack. Whack. Whack.

The branch was now striking him in the face over and over again. He couldn't get away now and his screams faded off into nothing when blood filled his mouth and lungs. He coughed and gagged and tried turning his head to the side. Another powerful connection and Bradley was dead, his body couldn't take anymore. Resting near his body was the 1978 Shape mask, it was looking directly upwards. It was then snatched up quickly for a close inspection.

The bell rang and the class got up, Allyson was slow as she gathered her items. She had to go and find Cameron and she was in the mood for it. She had enough to deal with. She sighed and slipped her book into her bag then walked out of the classroom. Standing against the locker across from the doorway was Beth who had Paul standing beside her. She smiled.

"Seen Cameron anywhere?"

"No, I haven't. Nobody around here really has" Beth commented honestly then asked Paul if he had seen him, he said no and Allyson gave Beth a distressed look before running her hand through her hair and sighing. "I'll help you find him" she said, she kissed Paul goodbye and the two of them walked off together.

Cameron was watching them from a distance, he was lucky the crowds were moving so he could blend in. He couldn't face her right now not after he lashed out and attacked Bradley like that. She wouldn't forgive him and he wouldn't forgive himself. He watched them walk away and then turned and walked in the opposite direction. He ignored the looks from other students who went past him and then entered the library and approached the corner and sat down and pulled his knees up to his chest and rested his forehead against his knee and sighed loudly, what had he gotten himself into?

"Are you okay?" He lifted his head and looked up at Allyson who was standing there with her arms crossed.

"Uh- how did you?"

"Find you? Librarian saw you come inside", she took a seat beside him and nudged him. He looked at her then smiled softly. "So, what happened?"

"I lost my cool" Cameron said quietly. "Again".

She nodded and grabbed his hand and squeezed it gently. "You're so lucky a teacher didn't see you, you can't risk getting expelled".

"I know. I know. Can't risk losing my ticket to college".

"And for your family" Allyson added as she rubbed her stomach. "I'm going to tell them tonight".

"Fuck".