Chapter Sixteen

Marion done as she asked. But in doing it she ignored Laurie. Marion found Allyson. She took her to get weapons then drop Allyson off at the Myers house and get somewhere safe so instead she contacted Karen and now Karen was running for her life in the streets with a serial killer close behind her. Marion called Laurie. As she waited for Laurie to answer a bright flash of lightning filled the night sky which was followed by a clap of thunder which echoed across Haddonfield - dogs parked in the distance - Marion jumped with the sudden sound and looked around outside the car. Her doors were locked and the interior lights were off making it nearly impossible to see inside.

"Hello?" Laurie answered on the other end.

Marion perked up. "He was last seen at his childhood home!"

"Are you sure?" Asked Laurie on the other end of the line. She could hear the screeching of her truck in the background. "Are you okay?"

"Yes. Yes I'm okay" replied Marion honestly as she looked out the window again.

She was parked close by, only around the corner from the Myers house. She had heard gunfire not to long ago but it had been quiet ever since. She had found Allyson running around for help after Michael had chased her mother off. She called the ambulance but stayed away, this town was still aware of Marion and her affiliation with Doctor Sam Loomis. They didn't like her.

"Cameron is in the hospital... he's alive. Allyson is as well" she said. "Michael got them at the house, they are so lucky to be alive, Laurie". Laurie gasped on the other end and then expressed her delight at them being alive. But then asked about Karen, and Marion wasn't too sure on what to say. "Karen grabbed his mask and ran. He followed".

"Fuck" Laurie said. "Okay, I'm on my way. Stay where you are" she said before ending the call.

Marion pressed her foot on the brake and suddenly the car swayed from side to side and she looked up in shock then instantly grabbed her gun and held it close. She didn't wind the window down, instead she scooted into the middle of the car and looked up. Another flash of lightning lit up the sky and casted a glow across the streets. Marion didn't see the projected shadow casted across the road as his hand lifted and then crashed against the passenger side window which made her scream and dart to the opposite side of the car. She aimed her gun and fired it and shattered the window. As the glass showered outwards another hand came through the window above her and grabbed her hair and tugged her backwards so her head was sticking out of the car. She let out a wail as the glass cut her neck. Her eyes shut and her lips curled up in pain as she strained and tried to pull herself back into the car. Michael swiped at her with the blade and sliced her cheek which made her cry out even more.

Marion's mind raced back to that night.

Michael swiped at her again but slashed her throat. He held her head back more, the blood seeping up over her chin and over her face as he held her. Marion went quickly, she no longer thrashed in his grip instead she went limp and he released her where she slithered back into the car and sank down onto the seat and bled out. Michael moved on, he was still hunting for Karen.

His ultimate goal with or without the mask was find Laurie Strode. But he sure she was coming for him no matter what. He didn't know if going back to the Myers house or staying in the streets would be a good idea. If Laurie came looking and was prepared she'd have a better chance and cornering him somewhere in the streets, but if she came to the Myers house he'd have the house to use as an advantage.

Laurie would be getting close now. But Michael had a plan.