⚠︎︎☔︎︎Zenitsu X Tanjiro☔︎︎⚠︎︎

Straight up angst no fluff also ⚠️MANGA SPOILERS ⚠️ btw I'm so grateful for all of you guys now back to the story enjoy also do you guys want genshin one shots? Btw tanjiro doesn't turn into a demon
_________________________
ℤenitsu POV
As I was falling in the Infinity Castle tanjiro popped up in my head "Zenitsu? What are you doing falling? Go on get up you can take him, I believe in you" he said as he started fading away. I suddenly stoped falling landing on a wall as I shot my eyes open I instantly cut off kaigaku's head as he looked at me pissed off
As I was walking out the castle going back to the butterfly estate I saw a and ice explosion? I quickly ran over to the scene seeing shinobu fighting doma I started running to check where the other were but when I made I saw Tanjiro....fighting Muzan as I was watching from afar I saw giyu get pushed from the big demon Muzan created.

He got pushed back as I saw tanjiro get trapped inside the demon, As I watched in horror all the demons where gone as the sun started rising... we finally did it we got rid of all demons "HE HAS NO PULSE" I heard in the distance. I started following the voice seeing Tanjiro there lifeless I felt wet droplets go down my skin as I stared in shock, Trying to push through the crowd I was getting pulled back from the scene but I won't ever forget what happened and what I had witnessed

F L A S H B A C K
"You'll stay with me and keep me safe right?" Zenitsu said as he was in his lovers lap leaving a few tear drops fall down his face while it was raining and thundering the lightning struck making Zenitsu jump slightly holding his waist tighter to keep safe "I promise I will, and I'll help you get over your fear" Tanjiro said as he patted his hair softly making Zenitsu less worried. Tanjiro leaned down and kissed the top of his head resting his head back onto the frame of the bed.

3 0 M I N U T E S L A T E R

ZENITSU POV
I was starting to fall asleep so I lifted my head up and saw my love sleeping soundly, hearing his soft snores and seeing him in general was just paradise.a I slowly got out of his embrace and laid him down on the bed, I went to checked the window to see if it was still raining or not and turns out it was just a little ran nothing more. I turned over to look at tanjiro to see him still sleeping peacefully I laid back down next to him wrapping my arms around his waist. He moved closer laying his head against my chest. I kissed the top of his forehead and held him tighter.

"Hey Tanjiro?" He looked back at me "yes Zenitsu?" "Promise me you stay safe" I said as he was getting ready for a single mission he chuckled as he walked over to me and kissed my cheek "I promise" he then left for the mission while I went back into the butterfly estate

I walked out the estate and saw tanjiro coming but he was injured my eyes widen and ran towards him he tried forcing a smile but failed when he started getting slower I quickly got to him and held him tightly. He had a cut on his hip and a fucked up face "you promised you'd be careful" I said as I picked him up bridal style. He didn't say anything but gave me a sorry look, I sighed as I carried him back to the butterfly mansion. I walked into the infirmary room grabbing Tanjiro a few bandages.

Walking over to our room I set him down and bandaged him up he looked at me and smiled "Thank you zen" he said as he sat down in my lap, I blushed slightly but kissed his cheek he gets flustered easily so he turned into a human tomato "don't do that so randomly" he mumbled but I heard " aw don't be so flustered he grumbled at me but just stuffed his face in my chest. I patted his back and sat there with him in my lap

"We'll stay together forever!" "Promise?" "Promise! Bye zen!"

F L A S H B A C K O V E R

I stared in shock as he started lean forward falling to the ground having the smallest grip on his blade his face was bloody and had scars everywhere. When they finally let go of me I hurried over to him as I held him in my arms, then he went limp no movement no sound not even a breath he was gone for good.

Tears flooded my eyes as I held him closer praying that all of this was dream that's when I saw the necklace I gave him, it was a ruby colored gem while I had a gold looking one to match I noticed it was in his hand like he was waiting for me to take as if he knew this would happen but I didn't want to overthink it. I grabbed it from his hand and put it in my pocket.

"Tanjiro Kamado a loved Brother, Lover and most importantly a Brave young man who risked his life for freedom and peace" "We've cone her today to honor Tanjiro Kamado for giving peace to earth yet losing his life for it" We all were currently at tanjro's funeral giyu had a straight face but would always turn his head when he heard his name, I guess they had a strong bond.

A FEW WEEKS LATER

After his death I haven't eaten properly or sleep properly I would either sleep through the day because of thinking about him or crying for most of the night. I thought of tanjiro and just thought of what he would think his own lover torturing himself because of his death, "I guess it wouldn't hurt getting out" I mumbled I got into a black and white kimono and left my room I grabbed his necklace on the way out as we'll. As I walked out I remembered we all got different estates for each person so there was no need for people staring you down.

I walked out the building and went to visit his grave While I was walking to his tombstone I saw tomioka the distance "Tomioka-san?" I said as I walked closer "hm oh hell Zenitsu" said as he looked at me for a split second before looking back at the tombstone "I know how you feel" I said in a low tone but loud enough for him to hear "I know he was just like a...son to me" "I looked at him in shock for a moment before looking back at the stone "hm but we know he's in a better place right?" I said looking at him again "right" he said giving me a small smile.

I smiled back and left to go home.

I guess he is in a better place huh
I still love you....Tanjiro Kamado

END
_________________
Hello loves! I hope you had a wonderful day and just wanted to say I'm getting to request right after this chapter is posted you guys give me so much motivation so lets hope I get these done faster then usual and ofc we can't for get

Word count: 1274

Goodbye! ♡︎