Chapter 12

Rose's P.O.V

As soon as I approached the entrance doors, I heard loud voices and recognised them to be of the boys' and Robert's. I entered and saw them arguing.

"Rose, thank god you're back." Dylan said as soon as he saw me and was about to hug me but I took a step back, making him stop and drop his arms by his sides.

Don't want their filthy hands touching me.

"Where the hell were you, Rose? Why do you always come home late?" Robert yelled and I rolled my eyes.

"Stop bothering me." I replied.

"What do you mean? Do you think you can do whatever you want? This is my house and I'm the one to decide what happens and what doesn't!" His voice was louder than before now.

"Did I tell you to bring me back into this house?" I asked and everyone fell silent.

"Do you still think you can control me like before?" I asked in a really calm tone, though I would like to slit a throat right now.

No one responded again and I sighed.

"Pathetic people." I muttered and walked past them, going upstairs.

Locking the door of my room behind, I went inside my closet to change.

I took off my clothes and accessories, and put on a pair of black sweatpants and a half sleeved blue T-shirt. While taking off my headband, my eyes fell onto my reflection in the mirror in the front.

There were scars all over her arms, along with her tattoos that went up and disappeared under the T-shirt. A big scar was visible on her neck. The girl looked nothing like how I remember her.

Her face and eyes were hollow. No emotions in them at all. It felt like the names they gave me really suited me.

"Freak"

"Stupid"

"Idiot"

"Ugly"

"Trash"

"Weak"

"Pathetic"

"B*tch"

"Brat"

I shook my head and sighed, leaving the closet and closing the door behind. I sat on my bed and decided to read something. Fortunately, a book that I had left half-unread was lying on the nightstand, so I picked it up and began reading from where I had left the bookmark.

===

The next day

I opened my eyes and checked the time to see that it's already 6 in the morning. Rolling out of bed, I went to the restroom to take a quick shower.

____

After the shower, I put on a pair of jet black ripped jeans and a deep blue shirt, rolling the sleeves up. I did my hair and put on the headband. I then wore a pair of black socks and sneakers and went downstairs.

As soon as I reached the dining hall, I stopped to listen to Robert, who was inside, talking to someone. I peeked inside and saw him on a call.

"Yes, we need those men and the supplies. They are strong enough to work with our men. Pay them an extra amount and ask them to agree to it. If they do, we'll also get the weapons, which will benefit us. More weapons, more safety." He spoke.

"Ok, now get on work." With that, he hung up and put his phone on the table.

"What men were you talking about?" Said Dylan, confused as to what he was just talking about while Ryan was drinking his coffee.