Chapter 15

Third Person P.O.V

"Please no. Please dont hurt me. Brother, please, aah!" The little girl cried while holding her bleeding arm, head lowered like she was taught as her eldest brother kept hitting her ruthlessly with a whip.

Her delicate skin getting a scar everytime they hit her caused her to scream in pain, yet never did she dare to raise her head even once and meet their hateful eyes.

"Stop it, please. It hurts." She kept saying between her ragged breathes but the only thing they did in response was beat her up even more.

"Stop it. You're not my daughter. You're just a disgrace!"

"You're not my sister, freak!"

"Brat, just leave this world!"

"Just die and go to hell!"

"We hate you!"

Rose's P.O.V

I shot open my eyes and quickly sat up on my bed. My breathing and heartbeat weren't normal, sweat beads forming on my forehead as I looked around my room.

I took deep breathes and counted to ten in my mind, until I started feeling better. I was alone and fine.

Brushing my hair back with my fingers, I sighed and rolled out of bed to get freshed up. After I got all ready, I went downstairs for breakfast.

As I approached the dining hall, I saw Dylan sleeping on the couch.

I stopped and stared at him. He looked so peaceful. He's been trying his best to gain my trust ever since I came back, but I won't. I can't. I can't let my emotions get the best of me, so it's better not to show them.

But still, there is something that keeps me from being so distant. I don't know what it is, but it can't be love. Never.

Love for them? Nah! They lost it a long time ago. They won't get it back, no matter what they do. They'll never be able to see the old me again. I won't let them. The old Rose, the scared, soft, shy and vulnerable Rose died a long time ago. I'm not the same person they knew all that time back, I'm not the same daughter 'mother' gave birth to, 'father' used to hit whenever he pleased, the boys bullied and made fun of whenever they wanted. I'm the one that will make them cry tears of regret, I had sworn to myself that day I lost all my trust.

My thoughts were interrupted by some footsteps coming downstairs and I turned my head towards the source to see Ryan.

"Morning." He said with his eyes down, not wanting to meet mine.

I didn't reply for a while but when I finally decided to, he had already approached the dining hall and entered.

I, too went to the dining hall. The maid placed a glass of water on the table in front of my chair as soon as she saw me.

"Was he your friend? Or boyfriend?" He asked as I sat down on a chair, taking a sip of the liquid.

"Who?" I asked, quite confused, not understanding his words.

"Well... umm, father had told us to follow you the night you left in anger. We followed you and saw everything that happened in that alley. We saw you fight and we saw you hug that guy. Hearing your conversation, I think you both were really close. I know we shouldn't have followed, but we.. couldn't deny father's command." He explained and I paused.

I would've been so angry right now that they followed me that I would've beaten him up brutally the moment he finished explaining, but I didn't.

Instead, I remained quite, the reason still unknown to me. I shouldn't have this calm attitude towards them, but I don't know what's gotten into me these days.