Chapter 7

After the breakfast:

Arnav and Khushi finished their breakfast with the family.

Maya: Arnav why don't you show Khushi your room?

Arnav glanced at Khushi and stood up taking her hand.

Arnav(taking her hand):Yes sure.

Arnav walked towards his room upstairs and closed the door.

Khushi(walking around): That's shocking.

Arnav:What?

Khushi: This house feels very warm. Not like you at all.

Arnav shook his head.

Arnav(walking towards her):so as you know we have to pretend like we love each other. So let's start with getting to know each other. I'll start.So how old are you?

Khushi:Come on. Don't pretend like you don't know anything about me. I could swear you made your research about me before preparing the contract.

Arnav(ignoring her): Boyfriend?
Khushi: no.
Arnav(pleased with the answer): are you living alone with your father?
Khushi(sitting on his bed): No I'm living with my dad and my aunt. Her name is Esha.she raised me after my mom passed away.

Taking a deep breath she stood up and walked to the terrace. There she heard a noise from her left side. There was serious laying on the floor and looking at her cutely.

Khushi(walking slowly towards him):What happened cutie? Are you barking at me?
Arnav walked after her.

Arnav(kneeling down):That's serious. My dog.

Khushi(also kneeling next to him): Serious ?Oh this handsome boy has a name. Hi serious.

Arnav(talking with serious): Come buddy sit down...good boy. He doesn't like strangers.

Khushi(smiling and caressing serious): I'm good with dogs. I grew up with a lot of dogs in our neighbourhood.

She played with him and serious seems to like her a lot.

Khushi(caressing his belly): Handsome little boy.

Arnav got carried away by her beauty. She is seeming so carefree and so happy.

Arnav(thought glancing at her): What are you doing to me ? How am I supposed to control myself around her?

His thoughts got interrupted by a phone ringing.

Khushi(taking her phone):Excuse me.

On the call:

Khushi: Esha ?
Esha: Khushi where are you since morning? The girls told me you left with Arnav. What time are you going to be home?
Khushi: I don't know I will be late I think. Why ?
Esha: I wanted to invite Arnav for dinner tonight.
Khushi: Dinner ? I don't know if he'll be free. I will ask him and get back to you Esha.
Esha: okay bye.
Khushi: Bye.

End of the call

Arnav(entering the room): Your aunt?
Khushi nodded.
Khushi(nervously): Ehhmm.. she is inviting you for dinner.
Arnav: Dinner? I don't think I can make it. I'll try to drop by for a coffee maybe.
Khushi(taking her bag): okay thanks. Can you drop me home? Actually I don't have my car with me and it's urgent.
Arnav(taking his car keys): Of course.