Chapter 12

(Y/n POV)

It's been a few months since me and Eli got back together... With the right plans, investments, and tactics... I was actually able to pull it off and make the shop reach some popularity. My shop is a go-to because I was able to find a supplier for Mu's merch, to which old and new fans are still lining up even after all these years.

"Y/n-san! Good morning!" Assistant-chan shouted as she barged into the shop's door.

"Another day, another adventure." I said to her, to which she nodded.

"You never fail to amaze me, Y/n-san. I remember the first day you started to work here. It was just the two of us and you were still single back then." Assistant-chan said as she laughed.

"Well, this is how business works. By the way, how is school going out for you?" I asked.

"Just fine, Y/n-san! Also... If it's okay to ask, have you met the other Mu's members now?" Assistant-chan asked.

"Now that I think about it... I've only seen Eli, Nozomi, and Maki. They said they've been communicating with each other from time to time but I don't think they've met up for some time. Assistant-chan, shall we be anime protagonists and save the day?" I asked her while chuckling.

"M- me?! But they don't even know who I am." Assistant-chan relented.

"Are you sure? I'm giving you a free, exclusive, one and only ticket to meet up with Mu's years after they disbanded. Think about it for a minute." I said to her, with her actually thinking about it thoroughly. Well, if I was offered the same... I would gladly accept it without hesitation.

"Alright! I'll help you! I can't miss out on this!" I knew she would give in.

"I do want to keep this a surprise for Eli and Nozomi, so I don't want them knowing this. We have to take measures on our own. Meaning that we will leave this shop closed while we do research on how to contact the others. We already know where Eli, and Nozomi are, and Maki works at the hospital. So we still have six more. Shall we start research?" I said, gesturing as if I have eyeglasses on.

"Start!" Assistant-chan said.

.

.

.

"I- I think that's it, Y/n-san..." Assistant-chan said after a day of research. Did we just become stalkers? Either way, we found info about the other 5, making the plan work.

"Honoka Kousaka, Umi Sonoda, Kotori Minami, Hanayo Koizumi, Rin Hoshizora, Nico Yazawa, Nozomi Tojo, and Eli Ayase. Nine names that I never thought I'd say ever again. But here I am, being the one who'll make said names be one again. It's hard for me to say all their names when I just collectively call them ''Mu's''. Times do change, and for the better." I told Assistant-chan, it seemed like she listened to that too well though.

"Y/n-san, you really look like an anime protagonist right now."

"Well... It's because I am. Ain't it obvious, Assistant-chan?" I said, followed by a laugh.

"Now that you say it... You really are one protagonist."

"Everyone's a protagonist of their own life, Assistant-chan. But I need you to help me out here first." I told her.

"I'm taking it that we should start planning already?" Assistant-chan said as I responded with a nod.

"You know, what if we just meet all of them in the street? Our research would be wasted by then but it would make our jobs easier. Let's just hope luck is on our side because for all I know, it is still on our side. So we shall not waste this streak, besides a true protagonist has plot armor." I explained to her.