~Prolouge~

"Ren, please hurry up. We're gonna be late for class, no joke."

"But the poster board is so interesting!!"

Doc was tapping his foot impatiently, waiting for his best friend, Ren, to finish looking over every single individual poster up on the bulliton board.

"Look dude, the poster here says that Etho won some sorta science award thing!" Ren exclaimed, grinning as he waved his hand at the paper.

"Oh, good for him!" Doc said, "I wish I was good at science like him. Its kind of hard to get good marks in that class, though, when we're always late."

"Oh shut up, you're the smartest person I know." Ren said.

Doc rolled his eyes. "Thank you Ren, but my teachers would disag--"

"Oh look at this one!" The shorter brunet interrupted. "This is actually one I'd sign up for."

Doc watched as Ren pulled a red pen from his pocket and signed his name onto the poster. Doc knew that his friend wasn't one to sign up for many extra-curricular actives, as he usually preferred to spend the majority of his free time outside and not at school, so Ren signing up for something had to mean it was worthwhile.

Doc stepped over to the bulliton board, "What is it? Also gimme the pen."

"It says here its like- a 'vehicular marathon' for over spring break." Ren said, handing Doc the pen. "You gonna sign up too?"

"Yeah... sure, whatever."

---

As he exited chemistry class, a poster on the wall caught Iskall's eye. Well, correction, the name on the poster caught the swedes eye.

Ren D.

"Hey, Grian.." Iskall pulled on his friends sleeve, pointing towards, "I can't really read that poster. Mind helping me out?"

"'Course dude!" The shorter boy smiled at Iskall before turning his attention to the bulliton board. "You still having trouble with your eye?"

Iskall brought his fingers up to his left eye, which had been damaged in a freak car accident six months ago. His eye was mostly better, but the swede still found it difficult to focus on things, especially words.

"Yeah," Iskall said, "I'm probably gonna see what an optometrist can do, it's really annoying."

"You should get a monacle." Grian joked, "Then you'd look just as fancy as Mumbo!"

Iskall laughed, patting Grian's shoulder.

"My moustache isn't supposed to be 'fancy', Grian" Their friend Mumbo came up from the blond, completing the trio. "It's a family tradition. Family business symbol."

"Rich kid problems ey?" Iskall grinned.

Mumbo scoffed, a smile present on his lips.

"Alrighty Iskall" Grian clapped his hands together, "Basically it's a driving competition thing. I dunno there's not much information on the poster."

"Oh cool!" Iskall exclaimed. He pulled a pen from his backpack and sloppily signed his name onto the paper. "You guys gonna sign up too?"

Mumbo and Grian were simply staring at him.

"A driving competition Iskall?" Mumbo asked, confused. "You haven't driven since the.. y'know..."

"Yeah man." Grian looked back at the poster, "Why would you even want--"

Grian's face lit up, his eyes sparkling mischievously. He turned back to Iskall with a sly grin. "Oh."

Iskall pursed his lips. "Oh?"