Chapter 06 Inner Demons

After fiore went to fetch soup for kyra, kyra sits up and rests half lying on her pillow and looks out of the window. Its already dusk so nothing really is visible except its drizzling outside and kyra opens the window slightly. The cold wind assaults her face right that instant but it also makes her feel less drowsy but her thinking process gets even more muddled. Most people might not know but Fiore knows, every year around this time kyra gets sick, muddle headed and even has plenty nightmares and mumbles incoherently in her sleep. And this kind of state continues for atleast a week untill kyra become as good as before.
But what Fiore doesn't know is around this time of the year, kyra not only gets sick physically but also mentally too and kyra never told anybody about it not even her parents.
"uh, this wind is so cool, what a nice weather to go and hang myself on a flower tree, nobody will see me, nothing will see me, not even the moon.i can even smell the rain and damp sandy smell too, how i wish this smell suffused in my skin the moment i die and stays with me for eternity" Kyra mumbled to herself and moved forward her hand outside window to touch raindrops.
"Kyra drink the soup when its hot and i am bringing medicines for you, what are you doing opening the window and touching rains? Do u wanna stay bedridden another two weeks?" Fiore puts the soup on table and sees kyra looking out of window.
"What a nice weather to die" Kyra mumbles to herself seems she heard nothing of what fiore is saying.
"What did you say?" Fiore moves closer to kyra and asks
Kyra suddenly looks at her face, looks for a minute and seems like she doesn't recognize fiore but soon her eyes clear up and she moves her gaze to the soup on the table.
"Nothing, was just feeling suffocated for a moment, so opened the window" Kyra replies while taking the soup bowl in her hand.
"Thats better, here drink the water and medicine too. Should I stay with you in your room today? What if your fever goes up again?" Fiore asks Kyra
Kyra looks at fiore for a good while and smiles a little, no need to worry so much, i willjist take meds and sleep like a dead person, you go sleep in your room" Replied Kyra.
Fiore insists for a while but she also knows, kyra never shares a bed with anybody and doesn't like human touch much, so she tucks kyra inside blanket properly, switch off the lights and went to her room.
After fiore is gone kyra opens her eyes again, looks at the ceiling in a dazed expression, she feels like she is sinking in a deep pool, there is no bottom in the pool and she is drowning or floating for the eternity and falls into sleep again like that.

In her sleep, she is also plagued with nightmares, locked up inside a room, there is a spider on the wall, she is sitting in a corner looking at the spider with a terrified expression, the spider looks like a spider for a moment, then again it looks like a human hand too, the spider crawls in the wall that also looks like a human hand crawling on the wall and coming at kyra, she wants to run, desperately but her body doesn't move an inch, wants to shout but it feels like her throat is blocked by water no sound comes out no matter how hard she tried, the spider comes near her, she feels the breath of the spider on her neck, does spiders breath like that though? Then it jumps and crawls all over her body, its not a normal feeling, its like a hand it touching all over her body, invading every pore of her skin, pressuring on her neck, suffocating her to death, she desperately tries to break free but to no avail, she looks around her like she has almost given up on her all hope and suddenly finds a knife lying around upon the table under which she was hiding till now, after much struggling she gets to hold the knife but suddenly that spider vsnishes instead the invading feeling is replaced with an eeerie sound of smile, it feels like the smile is coming from everywhere and attacking her brain, how i wish i could just gauge out my brain and end everything, she holds the knife tightly and slashes at her own neck, surely it will end everything. Just leave me alone she finally shouts and wakes up on her own bed. Its still a bit dark outside but seems to be dawn is nearing and finally sits up and takes the phone from her bedside table.
Its 5 am in the morning........