New York

Chris's POV
After a few weeks, I was able to be fully licensed and take possession of a pistol. I brought Theo back home and made sure that it was away from his grasp just in case he finds it. Lately he's been wandering around the house more and picking up everything he finds to play with it. So, I had to be very cautious when it came to that. When y/n called me that night to see us, I had to bend the truth a little. I did tell her that he went to his grandma's house, which was true, I just didn't tell her why. I feel so guilty lying to her but, I didn't want her to have a panic attack.

She was suspicious about it at first but eventually let it go and talked to me for the rest of the days. It was really quiet being in the house with just me and Dodge, times like this is when I miss y/n the most and it's only been a month. I don't know how I'm going to do it. But all she told me to do was look at a picture frame and pretend that she's here as if that actually helps. Anyways, the police investigated the letter and found a fingerprint of a guy named Ian Smith. He was in prison for 5 years for robbery and sexual assault, should've been in there longer if you ask me. But I don't know why he wrote the letter. The police told me that he knew Nick and Maddison and he wanted to have revenge and get payback for them I guess?

Long story short, he's in prison now for threatening and harassing my family. So, I definitely feel better and safer now that he's been put away. For the past few days, Theo has been throwing lots of tantrums because he misses his mom and he's been an absolute piece. I tried literally everything. I guess I know who's the favorite parent. From FaceTiming y/n a little more often to printing out a pic of y/n and plastering it on my face all day, nothing works. Right now, it's around 11 and he's currently grabbing every single toy that he can find and throwing it around his room. Maybe I have to visit y/n once a month in order for him to relax.

And speaking of the woman herself, her name just popped up on my screen. Thank the heavens. "Hey buddy! Look who it is!" I shouted to get his attention. He turned to me and looked at the screen with tears in his eyes as he settled down and walked towards me. I answered the call and it revealed y/n with a huge grin on her face as she waved. "Hey pumpkin! What's got you so down?" She frowned, "Miss you." He sadly answered. "Aww, mommy misses you too. And great jobs on your words!" She gleamed.

He giggled in response and wandered off as my mouth opened slightly in shock. "I don't get it." "Get what?" She asked as I turned the phone back towards me, "He was literally crying a minute ago and now he's fine!" "Maybe it was just a coincidence?" She asked shrugging her shoulders, "Definitely not! The terrible two's are in motion and you're the only one who can calm him down." "Babe, I think you're over exaggerating. Theo loves you! You're his dad! You just have to find a way to bond with him a little more. Especially since I'm gone, you guys will have the perfect opportunity." "That's true, I just hope he gives me the chance."

She rolled her eyes and replied, "You'll have all the chances." "Anyways, how's it going with the filming?" I chuckled, "It's going great! We're heading over to New York tomorrow." Her smile dropped as she mentioned her home state and so did mine when I remembered all of the bad memories that came along with it. She must feel so anxious about it all. "Are you sure you're gonna be okay going back there?" I cautiously asked, "Uh, yeah. I'll be fine." She fake smiled, which I could see right through. I gave her the 'dad look' and she dropped the act.

"Okay I won't lie, it'll be nerve wracking and my anxiety might strike but, I have this-" She rose her hand showing the ring I got her, "And you." She kindly smiled. "I should have nothing to worry about." She added. "You're absolutely right. So, call me when you're about to leave and when you land. Okay?" "Okay." She agreed, "Let me say bye to my little man!" She exclaimed while I called for Theo. He came back running with glee and waved, "Oh, look at you! Daddy did a great job with your outfit!" She commented, "Thank yeww, mama." He answered as drool escaped his lips, "Oh I miss you! Little handsome devil, breaking a million hearts already....Well. I'll talk to you later, munchkin. You be good for daddy, alright?" He nodded and waved goodbye before happily plopping down and playing with his toys.

"Where are you now?" I asked, "In bed, since I'll be having a long day tomorrow. I wish you were here. You know I miss you, right? So much." "I miss you more, love. Make sure to be safe." "I will and you do the same. I love you." "I love you too. Bye." After we hung up, I decided to clean him up and get him ready for bed. Thankfully, that did not take too long so once he was asleep, I was so tired that I just laid against the carpet on the floor until my eyes fluttered shut.

****Next Day****

Y/N's POV
The alarm blared in my ears, waking me up from my deep sleep. I groaned and tossed my pillow over my head. I don't get why I'm so tired when I slept around 9 last night. I reached over and snoozed the alarm, only to accidentally answer a FaceTime call. Hate it when I do that. I looked side to side in panic and slowly said, "Hello...?" "Hey Sleepy the dwarf, are ya up yet?" The voice of Matthew spoke. I sighed in relief and picked up the phone as I rolled my eyes at the nickname he gave me.

One time while we were practicing lines together in my trailer, I started to doze off and he's been calling me that ever since. "You're never gonna let me live that down, are you?" I sighed, "Nope." He smiled, "Anyways, are you almost ready? I'm 10 minutes away." Your eyes shot wide and you yelled, "10 minutes?!" I looked at my clock and it was 8:23 am. The flight is for 9:30 am and it takes at least 20 minutes to get there and more that that to get my bags checked. "I swore I set my alarm for 7!" I yelled as I grabbed the phone and ran into the bathroom to quickly brush my teeth and hop in the shower.

"Well you didn't. And why am I looking at a ceiling just out of curiosity?" "Because I'm late as hell and I'm taking a two minute shower!" "....right." He awkwardly replied, making the room go quiet. I hurriedly got out and I heard a beep from outside. "I'm outside! Do you see me? I'm here." He grinned while waving, "Yes, Matthew. I see and hear you!" I exclaimed as I jumped in my jeans and threw a random shirt on. Thank goodness I decided to pack the night before and not the morning of. Chris would've absolutely freaked.

"Can you help me with my bags at least, Goob?" "Yeah, I'm at the door. Why do you think I was rushing you?" He chuckled. I ran over to the door and opened for him as I hopped to put on my socks foot by foot and then shoes. I then double checked to make sure I had everything before grabbing my carry on and getting in the car. I sighed and closed my eyes momentarily, "I know just what will get your spirits up." He glanced over to me while still keeping his eyes in the road and gave me a fresh cup of coffee from the cup holder and a donut.

My face glowed with joy as I gladly accepted the food and took a big bite out of the donut. "Mmm." You moaned, savoring the sweet treat as he chuckled, "Matthew. You are a life saver." "Thought you might need a pick me up." "You are too sweet." You brightly smiled as did he. Maybe this day won't be too bad?