Daycare

Chris's POV

***Two Weeks Later***

A couple of weeks have passed by and Y/N and I have been steady with couple's therapy. It hasn't been the easiest thing with having to take care of Theo but, we've been trying our best to collaborate and put him first before our own problems. But even doing that, it's been difficult to give him our full 110% selves with all the work we've been doing. So we both agreed that it was time to start bringing Theo to daycare. In fact, today is his first day and Y/N is already spiraling.

We split up and decided to have one of us pack his bag for the day and the other to get him washed up and dressed. Once I woke up, she was already downstairs frantically moving back and forth to get his stuff ready. I walked down half the steps with a big yawn and said, "Y/N, it's only 6:30. Daycare doesn't start until 8." "I know but I want to make sure he has everything he needs since we won't be there. I'm just double-checking and then I'll start on breakfast. We both need to eat something before our session." I slowly nodded as I remembered that we had our session to go to for the week after we drop off Theo. I instantly regret choosing the early bird meeting.

"Can you just wake him up and start getting him ready please?" She asked as she hurried back to the kitchen. "Yeah, of course." I mumbled, still trying to wake myself up. I walk back up and into Theo's room to find him peacefully asleep in his crib. I hate to be the one to disturb his slumber but, I have to. "Good morning buddy, it's time for daycare." I whispered as I gently rubbed his back. He whined as he stirred awake and shuffled around, "I know bud, but mommy's orders." I said picking him up and cautiously placing him over my shoulder. Once inside the bathroom, I turned on the pressure of the tub and placed a hand under the water to check its temperature until it was just right. Then I gently stood Theo up to try and get him more awake before placing him in the water.

He opened his eyes with a pout and rubbed the dry drool that was plastered by the crease of his mouth. Once he was awake I undressed him, gave him a quick bath, and brought him back to his room. I dressed him in a cute forest green sweater with blue jeans and burgundy converses. After he was done getting dressed, I carried him downstairs and his face glowed with a huge smile as soon as he saw his mother in the kitchen. "Mama!" He screamed with joy as he scurried to get out of my arms and walked over to her. "Hi pumpkin!" She smiled back and opened her arms to pick him up. She gave him a tight hug and blew a raspberry onto his cheek as he giggled. He's such a mama's boy, I thought with a grin.

"How'd you sleep?" "Good." He simply replied, "That's good baby! Are you ready to eat?" He eagerly nodded his head and she sat him down in his high chair and placed his food in front of him as he began eating. "Good morning." I greeted as I came closer to her, "Good morning." She grinned, quickly getting on her tippy toes and placing a kiss on my cheek. I touched my cheek and looked at her in a delightful surprise. "What was that for?" "It's just a good morning." She slightly smirked while shrugging her shoulders before handing me a plate of food. I blushed at the comment and took the plate from her hand. We all ate and Y/N and I got ready for the day as well. Next thing we knew, we were in the car and on the way to the daycare.

With me in the driver's seat and Y/N in the passenger's seat, we stopped at a red light and took a look over at her. Her eyes were on the traffic and everything else that was not inside the car. "Y/N?" "Hm?" She replied while still looking outside. "You okay?" "Yeah, it's just...our baby's growing up on us." She lightly chuckled looking back at Theo while her eyes began to fill with tears. "I know, it's tough. You don't have to cry though, we'll see him in a few hours." "I know, I'll be fine. Thank you." She quickly smiled as she wiped her eyes and looked back outside.