Ch. 3 / My Heart Is Yours

NO ONE'S POV

Taylor made her way inside Starbucks with the help of the new walking cane given by Harry.

"Good morning," a familiar voice chimed from behind her, causing a wide smile to appear on her face.

"Good morning to you too," she greeted warmly.

Harry took her hand and placed it around his arm. He did it out of habit, but Taylor didn't mind. Although she felt a little bit astounded by his gesture, she shyly held onto him for support.

"Had a good night sleep?" he asked as he led her towards the counter.

"Yeah, and thank you for the cane you sent me... and the flowers. You're so sweet." she blushed, feeling little bit shy around him after receiving his gift.

"It's not a problem, love. I really felt bad that your cane got broken, so I bought one for you," he replied with enthusiasm.

"Can I at least treat you today for breakfast?" she offered.

"No, no, no. When you're with me, it's my treat," he answered right away. He ordered their drinks and croissants for breakfast and paid for it, right before Taylor could protest.

"That's not fair," she pouted cutely.

"You don't have to worry about money when you're with me," he told her softly.

Once their order was complete, Harry carried their tray, as they headed to a booth, where they made some small talk about their childhood.

"Are you free after this?" Harry asked, feeling a bit nervous.

"Of course, why?" she asked.

Taylor started to get nervous when. No guy had ever asked her out. She felt happy someone finally did, but the thought of giving him her trust truly scared her too.

"I want to take you somewhere," he replied sincerely.

"Where?"

"It's a surprise."

"Okay, but I have to call my mom first," she said, feeling so excited at the fact that someone wanted to hang out with her.

Taylor pulled out her hi-tech cell phone and called her mother to ask for permission. She then frowned upon hearing her mother's answer because her mom didn't allow her. Taylor felt pissed, but of course, she understood her mom's decision. After realizing that she couldn't do anything about it, she sighed in defeat and just ended the call.

"I'm sorry, I can't go, Harry," she apologized sincerely, feeling extremely bad that she had to turn him down.

"It's okay. How about I just take you home? I brought my car," he offered like the gentleman he was.

Taylor was hesitant at first. She realized that she really didn't know him that much, and she was vulnerable against his charms. A lot of dark thoughts entered her mind, but she still agreed to let him drive her home. There truly was something about him that made her want to give him all her trust.

They soon exited Starbucks hand in hand, and Harry led Taylor to his car. He helped her in and they drove off right away. They arrived in front of her apartment building without any hassle. He helped her out of the car and walked her towards her apartment unit.

Meanwhile, Andrea just finished putting out the trash when she saw her daughter walking with a guy who was unknown to her.

"Taylor?" Andrea called out as she watched the pair walk along the corridor.

Both Harry and Taylor turned around at the direction where the voice came from.

"Mom?" Taylor called out, upon recognizing her mother's voice. Oh, shit, she thought to herself.