Ch. 12 / The Best Thing That's Ever Been Mine

ONE YEAR LATER

"Where are we going?" Taylor asked frustratingly, as she slipped her arms inside the coat Harry was helping her wear. It was a chilly night, so she had to wear proper winter gear over her little red dress which Harry really loved seeing on her.

"You'll see." Harry smirked cutely as he pecked her lips.

The couple were about to celebrate their third year anniversary. In addition to that, they wanted to celebrate Taylor's new job as a volunteer in a special learning school for the visually impaired. Although Harry didn't really want her to get a job, he couldn't really take her away from all the kids who might need her help and guidance in that school. Besides, it would just be a part time job. And since she wasn't really a professional teacher, her job was only to assist the students during the day. He was so proud of how much she had progressed since she had gained proper eyesight. She could now read normally, without the use of Braille. Everything was finally falling into place, and their relationship was getting better and better.

Harry couldn't contain his excitement in revealing his surprise. They were in his car and he still hadn't said any hint about where he was taking her. She was getting really anxious, but when she felt his warm hand on hers and saw a smile stretched on his face, she knew there was nothing to worry about.

They soon arrived at a famous five-star hotel in New York. Harry opened the car door for her and helped her out. He gave the keys to the valet service man and they walked towards the hotel's famous restaurant.

"Hazza, this is too much," she said as they stepped in the restaurant and saw the rich-looking people having dinner silently. She totally felt out of place, but as soon as his arm was wrapped around her waist, her worries got washed away.

"Hey, I love you. I only want to give you the best," he said before asking the receptionist for their reserved table.

She couldn't help but smile upon hearing his words. She then circled her arm around his arm. "I already got the best. He's standing right next to me," she said while smiling at him.

They had a nice dinner together, and it was certainly one of their most memorable dinner dates ever. They talked endlessly about a couple of their first dates together. The trip down to memory lane totally made them realize how grateful they were of their first meeting, because they both thought that life wouldn't be the same if he didn't happen to bump on her and spill the coffee she was holding. Taylor thought she could have gone old without experiencing true love, in which Harry totally disagreed because he thought she was amazing and any guy would love her if they just gave it a chance to get to know her. But then, he blanched at the idea of seeing Taylor with another guy, so he took it back and they both ended giggling about it. It was such a wonderful night for the two of them, but it had only just begun...

Around seven in the evening, Harry brought Taylor up to the rooftop of the hotel. She couldn't believe her eyes when she saw the sight of New York City at night. It was her first time to see such a breathtaking view. The lights were everywhere and it was just so stunning for her.

"It's so beautiful," she gushed as she and Harry took-in the sight of beautiful lights.

"So are you," he whispered as he gazed at her lovingly.

She pulled him in her arms and hugged him tight. "I love you," she murmured.

A slow song erupted from some speaker in the rooftop, and Harry asked for a dance. "Can I have this dance?"

Taylor still didn't know how to dance, but she nodded anyway. Soon they were swaying and Taylor's head was rested on his chest, listening to the beat of his heart and loving every second of it.